Holmes 57 Simon Kenton 50

Walter

Holmes blew several big leads tonight. They were up 15 in the third quarter and SK cut the lead to 3 or 4. Holmes then built the lead back to 12 at 46-34 and SK went on a 12-0 run midway through the 4th.

Holmes stepped their defense up after Knox got two ft's and forced several turnovers that led to 6 straight ft's by Gray, after being held scoreless the entire game. Dogs sealed the deal by going 9-10 from the charity stripe down the stretch.

Peterson didn't play tonight for Holmes and wasn't with the team....

SK made one heck of a run to tie it up but Holmes killed it from the stripe. I'd love to see the final free throw totals, I believe SK shot five all night long. This is not a knock on the officiating. SK has played close to the vest with every top team in the 9th but couldn't win any of those games. Luckily they've fared better agains their 8th region counterparts.

Good to see Gray on the floor even if it was for just a glimpse. Tough missing your senior year of athletics and no doubt the team missed Nick this year.

I really felt for Nick tonight, it has to be very tough to miss your Sr season due to injury.

Agree with you both 100%! Nothing but class by the SK staff to start him! As well as to the Holmes staff and the refs for agreeing to stop the game after the tip to allow him to come out to an ovation!

Any chance that Gray get's to play another game this season? Isn't his cast supposed to be off soon? I thought they'd been saying February the whole time, I know the February isn't over but just wondering.
The hard cast is off, was early this week Vs CCH and he was shooting around. He just had some type of protective thing on there for the few seconds he was in tonight. Not sure if he will be in future games.

SK made one heck of a run to tie it up but Holmes killed it from the stripe. I'd love to see the final free throw totals, I believe SK shot five all night long. This is not a knock on the officiating. SK has played close to the vest with every top team in the 9th but couldn't win any of those games. Luckily they've fared better agains their 8th region counterparts.

Not sure about SK, but I believe Holmes finished 15-23 from the charity stripe.

Any chance that Gray get's to play another game this season? Isn't his cast supposed to be off soon? I thought they'd been saying February the whole time, I know the February isn't over but just wondering.

The hard cast is off but I believe it's only been off for a short amount of time. He went through pre-game and had to shoot left handed so I'm sure it's week from being in that cast for a while. Unless they make a deep run I don't see how he'd be ready to play.

From Kypost.com:

HOLMES 57, SIMON KENTON 50 – Senior guard Jaleel Gray was 7-for-8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter to seal the game.

Simon Kenton rallied from 14 down in the third quarter to tie the score, but the Bulldogs connected on 12 of 14 foul shots in the final period.

Junior guard Chris Hayes and junior forward Charles Knox scored 13 points each for Holmes, which had lost three of its previous four.

Pioneers junior guard Cody Chambers led all scorers with 19 points.

HOLMES 12-15-16-14—57

at S. KENTON 11-6-15-18—50

HOLMES (19-10): Hayes 6 1 13, Gray 0 7 7, Rice 4 0 9, Palmer 2 1 6, Knox 4 5 13, Coston 2 0 6, Englemon 1 1 3. Totals 19 15 57.

SIMON KENTON (15-12): Chambers 8 0 19, Kelly 3 0 9, Swanson 1 0 2, Sampson 3 0 6, Bach 2 0 4, Rabe 1 2 4, Doss 2 2 6. Totals 20 4 50.

3-pointers: H—Coston 2, Palmer, Rice. SK—Chambers 3, Reilly 3. JV: Simon Kenton, 40-34.

From Kypost.com:

HOLMES 57, SIMON KENTON 50 – Senior guard Jaleel Gray was 7-for-8 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter to seal the game.

Simon Kenton rallied from 14 down in the third quarter to tie the score, but the Bulldogs connected on 12 of 14 foul shots in the final period.

Junior guard Chris Hayes and junior forward Charles Knox scored 13 points each for Holmes, which had lost three of its previous four.

Pioneers junior guard Cody Chambers led all scorers with 19 points.

HOLMES 12-15-16-14—57

at S. KENTON 11-6-15-18—50

HOLMES (19-10): Hayes 6 1 13, Gray 0 7 7, Rice 4 0 9, Palmer 2 1 6, Knox 4 5 13, Coston 2 0 6, Englemon 1 1 3. Totals 19 15 57.

SIMON KENTON (15-12): Chambers 8 0 19, Kelly 3 0 9, Swanson 1 0 2, Sampson 3 0 6, Bach 2 0 4, Rabe 1 2 4, Doss 2 2 6. Totals 20 4 50.

3-pointers: H—Coston 2, Palmer, Rice. SK—Chambers 3, Reilly 3. JV: Simon Kenton, 40-34.

Why do they keep showing Hayes as a junior? He is a senior correct?