February 10, 201115 yr Just read that the 14 point halftime deficit is the largest halftime deficit Duke has overcome to win a game since 1959 in which they were trailing against the Navy by 14 at the half also. Never would have thought it has been that long since they erased that large of a halftime deficit and glad I didn't know last night. May have packed it in and gone to bed.:isurrender: Wow, that is an odd stat.
February 10, 201115 yr WOW, went to bed at half time and thought really the way NC was playing would hold on, guess not and that is why Duke is so tough at home. JD
February 10, 201115 yr Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports. I would have to agree wih you on the best in college basketball. I would put Bama/Auburn and Oho State/Michigan in college football right there in the "all of college sports" As for the Duke/basketball rivalry, alwost all are very close. Just good, hard fought, well coached basketball. Both teams are usually highly ranked nationally and are 1 and 2 in the ACC. With the Duke/UNC contest my only thought is that both really deserve to lose............... :popcorn:
February 10, 201115 yr When these two play, the best thing that happens is that one of them gets an L. In a perfect world both would lose.
February 10, 201115 yr In a perfect world both would lose. I absolutely hate them both, but if there are different levels of hate, duke stands alone as the most despised team in all of sports.
February 10, 201115 yr I can't stand Puke or the Scarheels either! I think UK and Louisville is a better rivalry! Go Big Blue!
February 10, 201115 yr I absolutely hate them both, but if there are different levels of hate, duke stands alone as the most despised team in all of sports. While I could see Duke being a top 5 most hated I'd be willing to bet that the Yankees are more hated. I'd love to see a poll.
February 10, 201115 yr I can't stand Puke or the Scarheels either! I think UK and Louisville is a better rivalry! Go Big Blue! Duke/UNC win the rivalry department. Likely a top 5 rivalry in all of sports.
February 10, 201115 yr As I age I have a much better appreciation for women in my age group that are still "getting it done." So let me say that the highlight of the game for me was Mrs. Curry. The game was outstanding.
February 10, 201115 yr UNC has came along way since the first of the season... This I will agree with. By the time the tournament comes around they will make some noise.
February 10, 201115 yr I absolutely hate them both, but if there are different levels of hate, duke stands alone as the most despised team in all of sports. May be close for me as well. As you said and I agree in that I can't stand either one. Being a fan of college basketball, I do respect the level of basketball they both play but that is where any respect for either one begins an ends. I rarely post on either ones threads anymore, just sometimes to get a all in fun dig in but both teams are on this one so I just had to, lol.
February 10, 201115 yr While I could see Duke being a top 5 most hated I'd be willing to bet that the Yankees are more hated. I'd love to see a poll. That one is easy for me, I an a Yankee fan so Duke even fails miserably in that comparison with me. :lol:
February 10, 201115 yr Ever notice when Duke plays , ESPN constantly shows the players parents in the stands ? I can't recall other teams getting this much attention for their players parents !
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.