February 10, 201115 yr Author Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports.
February 10, 201115 yr Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports. :thumb:
February 10, 201115 yr Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports. Agreed. This game seems to bring in the casual fan more than Michigan-Ohio State football does. Atmosphere seems more intense as well. I love it. Especially when Duke wins. The hate I feel when UNC wins is indescribable.
February 10, 201115 yr It was great to see Seth Curry finally shine the way he has been expected to. He couldn't have picked a better game. Especially with Kyle Singler held in check.
February 10, 201115 yr Duke grew up a whole lot tonight. They needed the growth and this come from behind victory. I'll be shocked if Irving plays again this year.
February 10, 201115 yr They did battle. A game like this may have woken up the Plumlees. If Duke can get them fired up and playing hard, I think they go back to being a legit title contender.
February 10, 201115 yr In the 2nd half the Plumlees provided exactly what we needed from them... They might have gotten double digit offensive rebounds in the 2nd half. That was huge. They played great defense too.
February 10, 201115 yr Author Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports. Perhaps I should step back for just a second. When Bowdoin and Messiah get together in field hockey, you can throw out the record books.
February 10, 201115 yr Very entertaining game. Say what you will, but Duke-UNC is the best college basketball rivalry, and maybe the best rivalry in college sports. I agree; as far as all college sports is concerned, I would rate it equal to Ohio State/Michigan, Florida State/Miami, etc. in football. There's definitely not more of a rivalry in college basketball.
February 10, 201115 yr When these two play, the best thing that happens is that one of them gets an L.
February 10, 201115 yr They did battle. A game like this may have woken up the Plumlees. If Duke can get them fired up and playing hard, I think they go back to being a legit title contender. Let's hope so.
February 10, 201115 yr Just read that the 14 point halftime deficit is the largest halftime deficit Duke has overcome to win a game since 1959 in which they were trailing against the Navy by 14 at the half also. Never would have thought it has been that long since they erased that large of a halftime deficit and glad I didn't know last night. May have packed it in and gone to bed.:isurrender:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.