Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity Seniors... zero D-I players?

Featured Replies

I saw signing day come and go and didn't see any Trinity players listed. Did I miss it? Are any of the seniors going on to play in college?

They have 5 listed on rivals who haven't signed. They also have 7 Jrs and 5 Soph.

I have heard that OL Will Flynn will be playing at Centre.

I hope that RB Derek Bishop lands in D1 somewhere.

Is the St. X linebacker/fullback number 28 going any were?

Is the St. X linebacker/fullback number 28 going any were?

 

I think you might be referring to Devonte Beach. I don't know about his college plans.

I hope that RB Derek Bishop lands in D1 somewhere.

 

I totally agree. STandout young man.

 

But is this not the way it typically goes for the Rocks. Aside from the; Brohms, the Robeys, the occasional "Superman" - we seem to collect a group of young men who come together to make the consumate TEAM. I have observed some of the other local teams with alleged "D-1" players - and you could not even tell who they were [ the "Bushs" - "Parkers" & "Smiths" - notwithstanding].

 

I like our way !!!!

I totally agree. STandout young man.

 

But is this not the way it typically goes for the Rocks. Aside from the; Brohms, the Robeys, the occasional "Superman" - we seem to collect a group of young men who come together to make the consumate TEAM. I have observed some of the other local teams with alleged "D-1" players - and you could not even tell who they were [ the "Bushs" - "Parkers" & "Smiths" - notwithstanding].

 

I like our way !!!!

 

I agree.. I know when Highlands played Lou Eastern this year you really had no idea who Jon Davis was..The only way I knew was because of his size and he showed some athletic ability. Obviously he is a very good player or he wouldn't be going to Illinois. I think HHS and Trinity make a lot of very good players look average..

I totally agree. STandout young man.

 

But is this not the way it typically goes for the Rocks. Aside from the; Brohms, the Robeys, the occasional "Superman" - we seem to collect a group of young men who come together to make the consumate TEAM. I have observed some of the other local teams with alleged "D-1" players - and you could not even tell who they were [ the "Bushs" - "Parkers" & "Smiths" - notwithstanding].

 

I like our way !!!!

 

I figured this line of thinking would be forthcoming on this thread.

 

For anybody who thinks Trinity's run to the title this year was fueled only by the "pride and tradition" of a bunch of nose-to-the-grindstone, hard-working, lunch-pail type kids who somehow rose above their 'poor talent level' to become something greater than the 'sum of their individual parts,' I would only say that this Trinity team had more "individual talent" than just about any high school team I've seen in 15 years of coaching.

 

(Similar, in fact, to those teams that had those 'bring-your-lunch-pail-guys' named Brohm, Phillips, McBroom, Whiting, Robey, etc, etc.)

 

The misleading thing about this year is that the great individual talent just happened NOT to be seniors. MANY from Trinity will be signing D-1 scholarships in the coming couple of years.

  • Author
I would only say that this Trinity team had more "individual talent" than just about any high school team I've seen in 15 years of coaching.

 

Wow that's saying something given how long you've coached in the Louisville area! Considering Trinity is losing no D-I talent, I assume you think next year's team will be better?

 

Given the district change, which school will be hosting the Trinity Ballard game next year?

Didn't Trinity only have 15 seniors this year? With that being said, is it possible that some chose not to play due to being beaten out by an extremely talented group of underclassmen?

This song goes to you Trinity fans and Highlands fans!

 

I figured this line of thinking would be forthcoming on this thread.

 

For anybody who thinks Trinity's run to the title this year was fueled only by the "pride and tradition" of a bunch of nose-to-the-grindstone, hard-working, lunch-pail type kids who somehow rose above their 'poor talent level' to become something greater than the 'sum of their individual parts,' I would only say that this Trinity team had more "individual talent" than just about any high school team I've seen in 15 years of coaching.

 

(Similar, in fact, to those teams that had those 'bring-your-lunch-pail-guys' named Brohm, Phillips, McBroom, Whiting, Robey, etc, etc.)

 

The misleading thing about this year is that the great individual talent just happened NOT to be seniors. MANY from Trinity will be signing D-1 scholarships in the coming couple of years.

 

 

I think that's a fair assessment.

Wow that's saying something given how long you've coached in the Louisville area! Considering Trinity is losing no D-I talent, I assume you think next year's team will be better?

 

Given the district change, which school will be hosting the Trinity Ballard game next year?

 

I would guess that their team next year would be better. Losing a few important contributors, but like I said, their key components (WR, DE, OL, LB, QB, and especially RB--Dawkins) are all returning. Only way a team like that can go backwards is complacency (don't see that happening with a program like Trinity) or a lack of chemistry. WILL be interesting to see how to QB situation pans out -- the Soph did a nice job this year, but the Frosh kid they had last year looks to be a real weapon throwing AND running.

 

If T and Ballard play next year, the site would be Feix Field in Bowling Green.

This song goes to you Trinity fans and Highlands fans!

 

 

WOW!!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.