Desales 67 Newport Central Catholic 43

Desales went 11/16 from 3 ball land while NewCath went 3/16 from the 3... Ball game.

Brandon Brooks of Desales connected 7/9 from the 3.

Why did NCC rely on the 3 ball? That doesn't sound like their normal game plan. Where they not able to get the ball down low to Geisler?

Why did NCC rely on the 3 ball? That doesn't sound like their normal game plan. Where they not able to get the ball down low to Geisler?

Full stats of the game can be found here http://www.allaclassic.org/

Click on "Boys Bracket" etc...

Believe it or not, the three 3's that NewCath got were all made by Geisler.

I actually fell asleep while listening when it was all Desales, so I'm not sure how they kept Geisler off of the rim, but 9 of his 14 points were from the 3, so whatever plan they had for him worked, not to mention backing it up with their own hot hand in 3 land.

Isn't Desales the team that also knocked out Newport last year in the All-A?

DeSales defeated Newport, Hazard, and Glasgow last year before being defeated by Shelby Valley.

They brought a rebuilding team into this year's "A" State Tournament with a record of 8-13. They have now defeated Bardstown, Lexington Christian (who had defeated Scott County recently) and now NCC and will take their 11-13 record into the championship game where they will face Betsy Layne who are 17-7 and winners of their last 12 games. I fully expect DeSales to handily dispatch the Bobcats as well.

Day in and day out, for a small school, no matter how good they are, Louisville basketball must be brutal for a Class A school.

Giesler was throwing up at halftime of the game on Friday and was taken to urgent care do get IV for a lack of fluids from effects of the flu. He gave a great effort, however 11 for 16 from the land of 3 will doom many a team. A tip of the cap to DeSales.

Giesler was throwing up at halftime of the game on Friday and was taken to urgent care do get IV for a lack of fluids from effects of the flu. He gave a great effort, however 11 for 16 from the land of 3 will doom many a team. A tip of the cap to DeSales.

At what point is Geisler a risk to everyone on the floor regarding spreading the flu ?

I'm all about sucking it up and playing injured but man playing with the flu is not only dangerous but putting other players at risk. Those basketballs are worse than toilet seats when it comes to germs. Just saying. But I guess if I'm Jake they would have to tell me I wasn't allowed to play and then drag me off the court.