Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Any word on Madison Southern?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nada....still interviewing coaches

From an outsider looking at this situation, it seems they are dragging there feet. A New Coach needs to be in place and the wt. program needs started. The new Coach needs to be in the Halls at school talking to the Kids about Football.

From an outsider looking at this situation, it seems they are dragging there feet. A New Coach needs to be in place and the wt. program needs started. The new Coach needs to be in the Halls at school talking to the Kids about Football.

 

The weight program has been started by Coach Busler and Coach Tipton. Both of those guys are assistants, Busler was a long time assistant but did not coach this past year, and Coach Tipton is a young guy who has been a staff for the last two or three years.

Good, they nare lifting. A New Coach needs to be in the Halls recruting his Players from the Student Body. He has to talk to thes kids day after day about football.

The word I have is that Southern hired a coach by the name of John Clark. He was hired yesterday afternoon. I also was told that he'll be a weightlifting today. I haven't confirmed this yet but if it is so, it should be announced later today.

The word I have is that Southern hired a coach by the name of John Clark. He was hired yesterday afternoon. I also was told that he'll be a weightlifting today. I haven't confirmed this yet but if it is so, it should be announced later today.

 

Anyone on here heard of him? Where does he come from?

NWO- You are correct. He has an impressive background for such a young coach. High school, college and Europe coaching backgrounds. Got to meet him yesterday, very intense guy, knowledgable and ready to rock. He is in the process of putting a staff together. More details will be out friday.

Anyone on here heard of him? Where does he come from?
I believe he is from IN. Played ball at Ohio U, under Jim Grobe. Coached HS at Warren Cent (I believe that is right) in Indianapolis. GA at Ohio, Auburn, among a few others I think. Also coached at Idaho State as the OL coach. This is all what I have been told. More to come on Friday, I think.
NWO- You are correct. He has an impressive background for such a young coach. High school, college and Europe coaching backgrounds. Got to meet him yesterday, very intense guy, knowledgable and ready to rock. He is in the process of putting a staff together. More details will be out friday.

I had heard that he was a really nice guy. Also that he was bringing some assistant coach's with him.

I believe he is from IN. Played ball at Ohio U, under Jim Grobe. Coached HS at Warren Cent (I believe that is right) in Indianapolis. GA at Ohio, Auburn, among a few others I think. Also coached at Idaho State as the OL coach. This is all what I have been told. More to come on Friday, I think.

 

All of this is true, I spoke with him last night and the basketball game. I just hope he can relate to kids better than Brumley did. Brumley was a good guy but he was so serious all the time and the kids never really related to him. I hope Coach Clark all the luck in the world and that he can turn things around at Southern.

I don't know the guy or anything about his coaching ability. He may be able to coach circles around most area coaches. But I just find it funny that high school hiring comittees are so impressed by all this college GA and college assistant stuff. Sometimes those types are the biggest failures in high school football. Completely different world.

I don't know the guy or anything about his coaching ability. He may be able to coach circles around most area coaches. But I just find it funny that high school hiring comittees are so impressed by all this college GA and college assistant stuff. Sometimes those types are the biggest failures in high school football. Completely different world.
Agree. Ironically, MS has already gone the "college coaching" route twice and it didn't work out either time.
Agree. Ironically, MS has already gone the "college coaching" route twice and it didn't work out either time.

 

This is what is WRONG with Madison Southern football. People are already trying to set him up for failure and he hasn't even met his team yet. Let the guy see what he can do, he is only 32 I think so I'm sure he is full of energy and ready to get this show on the road. Give him time first and then come to a conclusion. I know I have written some negative things on here because Southern has not had their act together the last three years. Let clean the clate and see what happens.

 

GO EAGLES...and welcome Coach Clark!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.