Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Florida State 66 Duke 61

Featured Replies

Not too surprised; they were bound to lose one eventually.....

  • Replies 65
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of us Duke fans are suprised by this at all. In fact I was expecting this out come. I still think Duke is the top team in the nation and a loss to a rival during January worries me none.

How many Duke games have you seen this year?

 

I agree. BBI is one of the UK fans I can usually handle but come on my friend :lol:

Even some of the best Duke teams ever lost conference games on the road. As poorly as Duke shot tonight they still had a chance to win at the end. I doubt we will see Dawkins and Curry shoot this badly in the same game ever again. I also hope to see Nolan Smith get player of the year despite Kemba Walker's awesome season. Nolan has been amazing since Kyrie got hurt.

FSU played out of their minds, Duke couldn't hit a shot.

 

AS the old saying goes "you live by the 3 you die by the 3 ",us UK fans heard that a lot when old Ricky P coached Kentucky . Also it seems like everyone always gives UK fans a hard time when we say that someone or everyone always brings their "A" game when they play Kentucky . I don't think anyone expects any team to go undefeated anymore with the parity in College B-Ball .

Just wondering why Tom Izzo will try to figure out an inside game for Duke. :D:D:lol:

 

:laugh: I was going to respond the same exact way.

 

Seriously, Coach K is a great coach, but Izzo is in a class all by himself IMO. No one gets more out of less, or does it on as consistent of a basis as he does.

:laugh: I was going to respond the same exact way.

 

Seriously, Coach K is a great coach, but Izzo is in a class all by himself IMO. No one gets more out of less, or does it on as consistent of a basis as he does.

 

Funny. And this year he has returned a lot of talent from a Final Four team yet they are ranked 15th or something correct? And they lost the head to head with Duke this year, correct? Tubby Smith truly wins more with less(2nd all time winningest coach in UK history). Is he better than Coach K also? Still amazed that next year at this time Coach K will be the all time winningest coach in Men's college basketball history yet Izzo is considered a better coach because he wins 25 games a year and loses in the Final Four more consistently. To each his own.

Funny. And this year he has returned a lot of talent from a Final Four team yet they are ranked 15th or something correct? And they lost the head to head with Duke this year, correct? Tubby Smith truly wins more with less(2nd all time winningest coach in UK history). Is he better than Coach K also? Still amazed that next year at this time Coach K will be the all time winningest coach in Men's college basketball history yet Izzo is considered a better coach because he wins 25 games a year and loses in the Final Four more consistently. To each his own.

I am with you. I knew this year's Michigan State team would be overrated because of their run last season. Most forget their best win in the tourny came over an over-hyped #4 seed in Maryland and I still cannot figure out how they beat the #6 seeded UT Vols. He is right there, but K has more hardware.

Funny. And this year he has returned a lot of talent from a Final Four team yet they are ranked 15th or something correct? And they lost the head to head with Duke this year, correct? Tubby Smith truly wins more with less(2nd all time winningest coach in UK history). Is he better than Coach K also? Still amazed that next year at this time Coach K will be the all time winningest coach in Men's college basketball history yet Izzo is considered a better coach because he wins 25 games a year and loses in the Final Four more consistently. To each his own.

 

And yet they'll be right there again come the final weekend of the year. Izzo's teams always are good, not great during the regular season, then turn it on when it counts in March.

 

Aren't Dean Smith and Bobby Knight the winningest coaches in the history of the game? They aren't anywhere close to being the best coaches of all-time. Just because Coach K has won a lot of games, doesn't mean he's automatically the best in the game. Great coach? Absolutely. Best in the game? Not in my eyes.

I am with you. I knew this year's Michigan State team would be overrated because of their run last season. Most forget their best win in the tourny came over an over-hyped #4 seed in Maryland and I still cannot figure out how they beat the #6 seeded UT Vols. He is right there, but K has more hardware.

 

And has also had infinitely more talented teams.

FSU has Dukes' number at home....

 

Without looking at the numbers I'm not even sure they shot in the 30's%. It happens. We all know they or anybody for that matter weren't going undefeated. At least that talk is out of the way.

 

Duke shot 31.1% last night.

I am with you. I knew this year's Michigan State team would be overrated because of their run last season. Most forget their best win in the tourny came over an over-hyped #4 seed in Maryland and I still cannot figure out how they beat the #6 seeded UT Vols. He is right there, but K has more hardware.

And to counteract my own argument, we also know Duke played nobody in route to their title :D;)

And to counteract my own argument, we also know Duke played nobody in route to their title :D;)

 

I hate that people make that arguement. It honestly just makes them look stupid.

 

Was Duke's road to the title as tough as other teams? Probably not, but fact is they won the games they had to win, and no one else can say the same. They definitely deserved the title.

I hate that people make that arguement. It honestly just makes them look stupid.

 

Was Duke's road to the title as tough as other teams? Probably not, but fact is they won the games they had to win, and no one else can say the same. They definitely deserved the title.

With the watered down product we have - by that I mean NCAA basketball - no team's path is not going to be significantly easier than the next.

With the watered down product we have - by that I mean NCAA basketball - no team's path is not going to be significantly easier than the next.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.