Florida State 66 Duke 61

oldrambler

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach K is about 23 wins away from being the all time winningest coach and I could be wrong but he has the same number of titles(4) that Knight and Smith have combined. The only coach I would consider better than K would be Wooden. Izzo.....not hardly.

Not the same thing. Fans are blinded by their loyalty to their team. Now if you said Duke hater I would agree. Not the case here. I couldn't care less about Duke. Don't care if they win, don't care if they lose. I do enjoy watching the Duke/UNC games just because college basketball doesn't get any better.

The fact that you can't even consider another option beyond K says it all.

I thought I said right here that Wooden is the only coach I would consider better.

Nope.

Knight won 3 titles at IU ('76, '81, '87).

Smith won 2 titles at UNC ('82, '93).

I don't have a doubt that K is probably in the top 5 all time coaches ever in College Basketball. :thumb:

I'll rephrase my sentence then.........

Next year at this time Coach K will have more wins than Knight and Smith and he has won more titles than each to them as well as Knight has 3 and Smith has two. I fully expect him to have more titles than them combined at some point before he retires and even if he doesn't I still consider him better than both.

Please show me where I've ever said Cal was a great coach....I've never said it, because it isn't true. He's a great recruiter, but not on an elite level when it comes to in-game coaching and x's and o's IMO.

The most talented team almost never wins the title. Nothing earth-shattering about that revelation.

I never implicated you as saying Cal was a great coach. My statement was a comment on your statement that Duke has had infinitely more talented teams. My argument is that I don't care how much talent you have....you still have to coach it. Some coaches(Calipari) can't even do that so IMO it is unfair to act as though Coach K doesn't have to coach because his teams are so talented. You have to coach that talent. Some guys can't. He can.

I'll rephrase my sentence then.........

Next year at this time Coach K will have more wins than Knight and Smith and he has won more titles than each to them as well as Knight has 3 and Smith has two. I fully expect him to have more titles than them combined at some point before he retires and even if he doesn't I still consider him better than both.

:thumb: Good Rewrite. :lol:

Such a great coach wouldn't make excuses when they lose. We were a great team until KI got hurt, we can be a good team now.

Is that an excuse? Get over yourself. If John Wall or Cousins would've gotten hurt last year, what would the saying have been....better yet, I am quite certain, I've read numerous times, "if we had Kanter, we'd be a Final Four caliber team, but without, we're not"....

Please show me where I've ever said Cal was a great coach....I've never said it, because it isn't true. He's a great recruiter, but not on an elite level when it comes to in-game coaching and x's and o's IMO.

The most talented team almost never wins the title. Nothing earth-shattering about that revelation.

Duke - '01

UNC - '05, '09

Kansas - '08

Let Coach K swap teams with Auburn and see how far he goes this year.

This year? Not very good, but in two, maybe the Sweet 16. He'd have shooters, and solid contributors down low. Don't forget Krzyzewski has built Duke into what it has become, not vice versa.

As for Izzo and coach K lets face it, both are absolutely great coaches and imo coach K will eventually be known as the best of all time if he isn't already.

What I love about Izzo he fact that he makes no excuses and doesn't go around crying when things doesn't go his way. I am mostly talking about when the NCAA tourney pairings are announced. "K" expects everything handed to him on a silver platter. I will never forget when one year a regional was held in Lexington/Rupp and coach K threw a crying fit when Duke was placed in Lexington. The kicker was his reason, the man actually made the statement " I feel the placement/seeding was unfair, the Lexington fans don't like us and will cheer against us" :lol:. :ohbrother: Hey coach, do you take some cheese with that whine? Keep in mind that U.K. was not in that region and would not be playing at home.

Coach K is a great coach but I lost a ton of respect for him when he said that.