DeSales at Owensboro Catholic predictions

The Scribe

Who wins the game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

DeSales rolls over O-Cath and dethrowns Belfry in the championship game. This team is very disciplined and extremely well coached. The Colts won't be denied.

:thumb:

Haha.. Yea Ok

if OC doesn't take care of DeSales, then either Belfry or Russell will.. lol

Please mark my word, Desales WILL be denied, wether it be the friday, or

next saturday.. sorry.. ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desales,I heard they were big and slow,however their running back is very good.

Catholic is not to shabby in the size and running dept. Ijames will Jar your teeth just ask Gordon at F.C.

Slow?

hahahahaha

Even there big and physical linemen have very good speed, all over the place they swarm the ball very well on defensive and re-establish the line of scrimmage well. I will be no cake walk for OC it will be a game played to the wire IMO.

Most everyone on this thread except for O.C. fans has not seen this team play. So to give you an idea how they perform, remember O.C.'s defense in '03 and O. C.'s offense last year well turn up the offense about three notches (D-1 Qb or not) put the '03 defense with it and you got this year's team.

P.S. F.C. was not a fluke, Catholic beat them on the scoreboard and phyiscally on over the field !!!!!

Most everyone on this thread except for O.C. fans has not seen this team play. So to give you an idea how they perform, remember O.C.'s defense in '03 and O. C.'s offense last year well turn up the offense about three notches (D-1 Qb or not) put the '03 defense with it and you got this year's team.

P.S. F.C. was not a fluke, Catholic beat them on the scoreboard and phyiscally on over the field !!!!!

I agree this Defense is very good but comparing it with 03 defense might be stretching it a bit....I do think our pass D is better this year but the run is not close IMO.

I think the game comesdown to two things, both of which favor Owensboro Catholic. Depth and big game experience. Both Trigg County and Fort Campbell had trouble in the second half when their skill guys had to chase OC's receivers and backs all over the field on defense, and then line up and play offense while OC sent in mostly fresh units on both sides of the football.

OC also has the big game experience, having won two straight (should have been three) regional titles. No one on the DeSales roster was born the last time the Colts won a regional title.

However....

You can play devil's advocate on both points. IF DeSales is successful running the football and can play ball possession football, the depth issue (especially on defense) won't be as big a factor. OC hasn't really seen a successful ball-control, grind-it-out, 3-yards and a cloud of dust team in a long time.

As far as the big game element goes, look at their schedule. DeSales played in perhaps the most balanced and competitive 2A district in the state. Just about every week was a big game with lots on the line with very few breathers (except for Shawnee and Moore). They played with a "must-win" attitude in just about every game.

But in the end...

You look at the two teams who beat DeSales -- Lexington Christian and Western. Both teams have athletes in the backfield and at receiver and both feature a fairly complex passing package -- much like what they'll see against OCath.

I'll take the Aces to win 28-21

You can play devil's advocate on both points. IF DeSales is successful running the football and can play ball possession football, the depth issue (especially on defense) won't be as big a factor. OC hasn't really seen a successful ball-control, grind-it-out, 3-yards and a cloud of dust team in a long time.

I think that is the only way that DeSales can win the football game. If you flashback to last year, Catholic lost to Butler County because of their lack of ball control. Butler County dominated the Catholic defense, was able to sustain drives and keep the offense off of the field. If DeSales can do what Butler Co. did, they will make it a frustrating night for the ACES. However, if they allow Catholic to get in a flow and constantly turn the ball over on downs -- it could be a long night for the Colts.