DeSales at Owensboro Catholic predictions

The Scribe

Who wins the game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

Don't know much about Corbin this year, but I know they had a down year with a record of 5-5. It took DeSales 3 ot's to get the victory. If Catholic brings their game, we will be heading to the pizza box next week.

Yes Corbin had a rough start, but they also played some very tough cempetition. Keep counting desales out, they will suprise you. They are the most physical team i have seen in a long time. They also have alot of athletes to go along with all the head knocking.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeSales has GREAT size, a strong hard running back/ a tiny runner back, and they are VERY physical. They are hard players, and they are on a roll. This should be a great game. The Colts keep it pretty simple, and for the most part run straight at you... a lt of power. I have no choice but to root for DeSales, seeing as CAL is in the same district. Represent Louisville and our district well, and bring back a AA state trophy.

From what I am reading I get the impression that DeSales has beaten teams by overpowering them not with blazing speed. Is this a correct assumption? How does DeSales use the pass? Is it as a last resort, or somthing just to surprise the defense if they concentrate too much on the run? I just haven't heard too much about DeSales and I want to get a grasp on what to expect.

From what I am reading I get the impression that DeSales has beaten teams by overpowering them not with blazing speed. Is this a correct assumption? How does DeSales use the pass? Is it as a last resort, or somthing just to surprise the defense if they concentrate too much on the run? I just haven't heard too much about DeSales and I want to get a grasp on what to expect.

I'm not "up" on DeSales, but I think they have speed as well....

Desales,I heard they were big and slow,however their running back is very good.

Catholic is not to shabby in the size and running dept. Ijames will Jar your teeth just ask Gordon at F.C.

I believe the running back is who I'm thinking of in the speed department.

I believe their QB is pretty good as well.

From hearing some of the game accounts, I don't think that they're unusually slow in the lines, however.

How does this O-Cath team compare to last year's? Is their defense very similar? I assume their offense is still pass oriented, but the reason I ask is because the Aces had serious trouble against a good line and 2 good running backs in the state game last year against Belfry. It strikes me that Desales may be very similar to the Belfry team that the Aces played last December. I am not saying anything one way or another but I am curious as to how the Aces look compared to last year.

How does this O-Cath team compare to last year's? Is their defense very similar? I assume their offense is still pass oriented, but the reason I ask is because the Aces had serious trouble against a good line and 2 good running backs in the state game last year against Belfry. It strikes me that Desales may be very similar to the Belfry team that the Aces played last December. I am not saying anything one way or another but I am curious as to how the Aces look compared to last year.

Compared to last year, I think they have matured. Most of the problems last year, defensively, can be attributed to youth. Now, all of those guys are Juniors and Seniors this year. I think the defense has done an excellent job. Last year I think Catholic had to almost solely rely on their offensive capabilities and it showed against Corbin and Belfry (i.e. the defense struggled and gave up yards). I do not want to take anything away from DeSales, but this defense was able to hold Trigg Co. to 10 points (until the last 2-3 minutes of the game with 2 freakish plays) and contain an outstanding Ft. Campbell team. I'm sure that DeSales has some great athletes, however, I don't think that it is wrong to say that there aren't too many teams at any level that have 5-7 legitimate D1 athletes like Ft. Campbell. It is safe to say that Catholic was outmanned at almost every position against Ft. Campbell. I think the ACES were given one of the toughest challenges (if not the most challenging) that they will face the rest of the year.

Catholic is a very well rounded team.

Compared to last year, I think they have matured. Most of the problems last year, defensively, can be attributed to youth. Now, all of those guys are Juniors and Seniors this year. I think the defense has done an excellent job. Last year I think Catholic had to almost solely rely on their offensive capabilities and it showed against Corbin and Belfry (i.e. the defense struggled and gave up yards). I do not want to take anything away from DeSales, but this defense was able to hold Trigg Co. to 10 points (until the last 2-3 minutes of the game with 2 freakish plays) and contain an outstanding Ft. Campbell team. I'm sure that DeSales has some great athletes, however, I don't think that it is wrong to say that there aren't too many teams at any level that have 5-7 legitimate D1 athletes like Ft. Campbell. It is safe to say that Catholic was outmanned at almost every position against Ft. Campbell. I think the ACES were given one of the toughest challenges (if not the most challenging) that they will face the rest of the year.

Catholic is a very well rounded team.

Fair enough. :thumb:

Go Colts!!!

I agree with what Billy said, this defense is improved over last year. As he said they are more mature but I also think they seem faster. It seems like they get to the ball faster and with more defenders. One thing I will say about Desales is that they might run the same offense as Belfry but there is no way they run it as well. I have not seen them but there are very few teams that were as good as Belfry last year. They had the combination of size and speed that few teams have.

Catholic's offense is pretty much the same as last year but they have added a running game that is very successful. They can power over you or they can run around you.