DeSales at Owensboro Catholic predictions

The Scribe

Who wins the game?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the game?

After what Catholic has done againt two teams that were bigger and faster I think the Aces will win this one. While I haven't seen DeSales play this year I am certain they are very good. The Aces will score, my question is can they keep Desales out of the endzone? The Aces better not have a letdown after fort campbell, but I don't see it happening. The key the past two weeks, besides for the other team getting tired, is that the other teams have tried to pass with the Aces. OCath's dbacks are very good, they have a lot of int's. If Ocath scores a couple early then it might be a long night for Desales.

My prediction:

OCath 42

Desales 28

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to go with Desales in this one. Have not seen a team as big and as physical in a long time. They have as solid of a defense as there is. Desales will run on them and then suprise them with the air attack.

Don't know much about Corbin this year, but I know they had a down year with a record of 5-5. It took DeSales 3 ot's to get the victory. If Catholic brings their game, we will be heading to the pizza box next week.

After what Catholic has done againt two teams that were bigger and faster I think the Aces will win this one. While I haven't seen DeSales play this year I am certain they are very good. The Aces will score, my question is can they keep Desales out of the endzone? The Aces better not have a letdown after fort campbell, but I don't see it happening. The key the past two weeks, besides for the other team getting tired, is that the other teams have tried to pass with the Aces. OCath's dbacks are very good, they have a lot of int's. If Ocath scores a couple early then it might be a long night for Desales.

My prediction:

OCath 42

Desales 28

Great point...Aces have 25+ interceptions

That is what I am saying. Trigg and Fort Campbell don't really pass either, but they were forced into it because of the situation. Catholic wasn't giving up the long touchdown runs. Edge has the defense playing a bend but don't break style. The opposing offense has to run a lot of plays to score and therefore has more opportunity for mistakes.

this game will feature the 5th best rushing team (L.D.)in 2a against the 3rd best defensive rushing team in 2a. Should be an intersting matchup - However - when catholic puts their 2nd ranked passing attack in 2a against a pass defense that is not in the top 15 in 2a - it could leave the doors wide open - as seen in the corbin game - If Woody is on - I don't see Catholic losing - Good Luck to both teams!

O.C. goes to Papa Johns! :banana: :banana: :banana:

OC by 21. I'm changing my prediction. OC defense will play well. I like our endurance and beleive we will score because Corbin passed for over 300+ yards.

BTW, does anybody listen to Rick thompson and the other Radio guys in Owensboro on WBIO? They all do an awesome job but I was wandering why the other guys jump in and call touchdown before the Play by Play guy which I think is Rick Thompson? I am always waiting for his big TOUCHDOWN and sometimes you hear the color guys jump in and say touchdown right before his big yell. Nothing controversial, just thought it seemed a little goofy.

OC...42

DeSales...21

:thumb:

The "other" guys sometimes have to say touchdown, because as many points as OC puts up, Rick "pigeon" Thompson sometimes has a hoarse voice by halftime and it effects his singing voice in the church choir. All kidding aside Godd Luck to the Aces and lets go back to the carpet and bring it home....

[scribe, I am going to use your thread to complete my weekly predictions]

SEMI-STATE

Catholic - 35 -- DeSales - 13

Catholic showed me a lot against Ft. Campbell. This team is speacial. I saw a team that, to me, did not looked frazzled when they were down 25-14. They never quit and they seemed cool under pressure - as if they knew they were going to win the football game the whole time. Catholic is a very good football team. I believe that there biggest concern this week would have to be distractions. Hopefully, the ACES have the ability to move forward from a great win and realize that they are playing another good football team. According to my sources, DeSales has a very sound football team. I'm sure that DeSales will not simply roll over and let Catholic win the game. Catholic will be tested again, but, from a different kind of football team. DeSales, apparently, runs a wing T type of offense and they have a great running back (which is necessary for the wing T). Most Catholic schools, have very gritty and tough kids. This should be a very hard fought football game. In the end, I see Catholic taking control by the start of the 3rd quarter and closing the deal by the end of the 3rd quarter. DeSales has not played a team like Owensboro Catholic. Catholic has a veteran team with an enormous amount of experience in all areas (mental, physical, game experience, etc.). The Juniors and Seniors have almost played an extra season and a half - this has to be a plus for Catholic. This team has played in close games with Trigg and Ft. Campbell (05'), Etown & Ft. Campbell (03'), Glasgow,Trigg,Corbin, Belfry(04'). This experience will carry over because this Catholic team has played in almost every scenario possible. And this team is a very disciplined and good football team. They are exciting to watch and this week will be no different. Catholic wins unless they turn the ball over.

Good luck to both teams.

It's the same story with OC that it is every week. If they protect their QB, which I think they will, and if they do not turn the ball over which I think is possible. Then they beat anyone in 2a. They are good enough to win the whole thing if they concentrate and take care of the football. I think they will beat DeSales 35-14 if they play turnover free football.