January 7, 201115 yr Author Only other one that comes to mind that good was against WVU his freshman year... If Gates continues to play this well, UC will be extremely tough to beat within the BEast.
January 7, 201115 yr Sadly for us X fans UC still might be tagged with that. Seton Hall gave them a better game. Didn't the Knights also beat Xaiver in a preseason game.........the Bellarmine Knights? It may not be X's year,.
January 7, 201115 yr My post game article on the UC win... http://cincinnati.247sports.com/Article/Xavier-was-just-another-game-10601
January 7, 201115 yr Still haven't beaten anybody... :sssh: :lol: I believe you said yourself at the beginning of the year that this will be a down year by Xavier's standards. I still think this is a good win for UC because it is a heated rival game but X isn't top notch this year by any stretch. If Gates comes to play everynight in the Big East then they will do well. Win or Lose in conference, I think they will be very competitve and "in" nearly every game.
January 7, 201115 yr And when they beat Villanova, Notre Dame, or Syracuse, or any other ranked team in the BEast what will your excuse be then? Okay!!!!:sssh:
January 7, 201115 yr And when they beat Villanova, Notre Dame, or Syracuse, or any other ranked team in the BEast what will your excuse be then? Are you saying they will win one game against a ranked team or run the table in the big east? :confused:
January 7, 201115 yr Author Are you saying they will win one game against a ranked team or run the table in the big east? :confused: Cincinnati will win the games they're "supposed to win" in the Big East (Rutgers, South Florida, Depaul, Seton Hall) and pull an upset or two over a Villanova, Notre Dame, Syracuse, or Georgetown. Check my last post in the UC schedule thread. I have them finishing 11-7, but stated I don't think they finish worse than 10-8.
January 7, 201115 yr Cincinnati will win the games they're "supposed to win" in the Big East (Rutgers, South Florida, Depaul, Seton Hall) and pull an upset or two over a Villanova, Notre Dame, Syracuse, or Georgetown. Check my last post in the UC schedule thread. I have them finishing 11-7, but stated I don't think they finish worse than 10-8. I have them going 6-10 the rest of the way, which will put them 8-10 in BEast play, and have them needing a solid showing in the BEast tournament to solidify a NCAA bid. That pitiful early season schedule is going to really come back to haunt them if they have a quick exit from the conference tourny IMO.
January 7, 201115 yr Cincinnati will win the games they're "supposed to win" in the Big East (Rutgers, South Florida, Depaul, Seton Hall) and pull an upset or two over a Villanova, Notre Dame, Syracuse, or Georgetown. Check my last post in the UC schedule thread. I have them finishing 11-7, but stated I don't think they finish worse than 10-8. That's about how I'm thinking they will finish.
January 7, 201115 yr Author I have them going 6-10 the rest of the way, which will put them 8-10 in BEast play, and have them needing a solid showing in the BEast tournament to solidify a NCAA bid. That pitiful early season schedule is going to really come back to haunt them if they have a quick exit from the conference tourny IMO. You're seriously underestimating UC if you think they finish 6-10. Weak schedule or not, they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat and doing it the way a good team should. You don't see them losing to teams like Oakland, Charlotte, OR Chattanooga. Sunday's game against Villanova, regardless of whether UC wins or loses, should give us a better idea of how they're going to do in BEast play. I think they beat teams like Louisville, Marquette, and St. Johns (atleast once).
January 7, 201115 yr You're seriously underestimating UC if you think they finish 6-10. Weak schedule or not, they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat and doing it the way a good team should. You don't see them losing to teams like Oakland, Charlotte, OR Chattanooga. Sunday's game against Villanova, regardless of whether UC wins or loses, should give us a better idea of how they're going to do in BEast play. I think they beat teams like Louisville, Marquette, and St. Johns (atleast once). Has this team played a road game? And no I don't consider Toledo or Miami (OH) road games. They suck. They still have @Nova - L vs. USF - W @ Syracuse - L @ Notre Dame - L @ St. John's - L vs. Rutgers - W vs. West Virginia - Toss Up @ Pittsburgh - L @ DePaul - W vs. St. John's - Toss Up (likely W) vs. Louisville - Toss Up @ Providence - W @ Georgetown - L vs. UConn - L @ Marquette - L vs. Georgetown - L That's 9 losses, if we're being generous and give them all 3 toss ups as wins. I just don't see what you're seeing. They are an average basketball team. Most average teams need to lean on decent non-conference wins to get in. UC has maybe 1, that qualifies as even average.
January 7, 201115 yr You're seriously underestimating UC if you think they finish 6-10. Weak schedule or not, they're beating the teams they're supposed to beat and doing it the way a good team should. You don't see them losing to teams like Oakland, Charlotte, OR Chattanooga. Sunday's game against Villanova, regardless of whether UC wins or loses, should give us a better idea of how they're going to do in BEast play. I think they beat teams like Louisville, Marquette, and St. Johns (atleast once). I agree, Villanova is good enough of an indicator to how UC will do the rest of the season. This is definitely their biggest challenge yet, especially with being on the road. If UC gets this one, their NCAA tournament ticket is stamped.
January 7, 201115 yr If Gates continues to play this well, UC will be extremely tough to beat within the BEast. Trouble is, the games I've seen him play, he's taken the night off.
January 7, 201115 yr Author Has this team played a road game? And no I don't consider Toledo or Miami (OH) road games. They suck. They still have @Nova - L vs. USF - W @ Syracuse - L @ Notre Dame - L @ St. John's - L vs. Rutgers - W vs. West Virginia - Toss Up @ Pittsburgh - L @ DePaul - W vs. St. John's - Toss Up (likely W) vs. Louisville - Toss Up @ Providence - W @ Georgetown - L vs. UConn - L @ Marquette - L vs. Georgetown - L That's 9 losses, if we're being generous and give them all 3 toss ups as wins. I just don't see what you're seeing. They are an average basketball team. Most average teams need to lean on decent non-conference wins to get in. UC has maybe 1, that qualifies as even average. How can you consider UC "average"? They have good size in the front court with 6'11 Thomas, 6'9 Gates, and 6'6 Bishop. Both Gates and Bishop are versatile and can hit the mid range jumper, with Bishop being a solid outside shooter as well. Thomas has great vision for a big man. WIthout looking at the stats, I'd say he gets about 2 or 3 apg. Their guard play is also very good with Cash, Dixon, Davis, and Kilpatrick. Cash is a solid pg with exceptional quickness and Dixon, Davis, and Kilpatrick all have good size at 6'3-6'4. UC might not have the individual talent of some of the better BEast teams, but they play extremely well together as a TEAM and that's why they're tough to defend. They are extremely physical as well defensively and crash the boards hard, hence Dixon having 9 rebounds last night as the 2 guard. Time will tell my friend. UC is really going to surprise you all.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.