Russell 34 Newport 33 (OT)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard fought game. Newport is a much better team than I expected. Congratulations on a great run into the playoffs and making your community proud of your team. The game reminded me allot of the Breathitt game that Russell played in 2002. It was a back and forth afare that did not go in the favor of the Red Devils. Newport has proven that they are a team to watch out for next year. Congratulations on a great season.

Russell will now meet the defending State Champs at Henry R.. I will guess this one will be a dandy.

I dont want to take anything away from Russell on a great win but I really felt after that game that Newport was the better team. Russell showed great poise and heart in coming back to tie and win. A few times it looked like Newport was gonna win but then Russell just kept coming back. Both teams answered the call back and forth all night long.

Before the game I thought that Russell would win but I had no idea that our boys would play the way they did and would match up so good with them. I was really impressed by our boys tonight and the way they played. After watching that game, even tho they didnt win, I really think that they were the better team and thats not a knock on Russell they were tough and deserved to win too but I just thought our team was a tad bit better but not by much.

Good job wildcats and devils. Bring home the title now Russell!

I dont want to take anything away from Russell on a great win but I really felt after that game that Newport was the better team. Russell showed great poise and heart in coming back to tie and win. A few times it looked like Newport was gonna win but then Russell just kept coming back. Both teams answered the call back and forth all night long.

Before the game I thought that Russell would win but I had no idea that our boys would play the way they did and would match up so good with them. I was really impressed by our boys tonight and the way they played. After watching that game, even tho they didnt win, I really think that they were the better team and thats not a knock on Russell they were tough and deserved to win too but I just thought our team was a tad bit better but not by much.

:rolleyes:

I wouldnt roll my eyes or anything, I mean Russell won and he gave them respect. But it does sound like a game that they could have played 10 tiems and split 5 games to 5. Anytime a game goes to overtime the teams are matched evenly. And obviously both teams felt like they were better and deserved to win. But I wouldnt be upset cause you guys did win and moved on.

It must have been a great ball game!

NHS - I AGREE BOTH TEAMS PLAYED THEIR HEART OUT. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. I THINK THE DIFFERENCE (IF THERE WAS ONE) WAS EXPERIENCE. FOR OUR SENIORS THIS WAS THEIR 4TH TIME IN 4 YEARS IN THE REGION FINALS AND THIS WILL BE THEIR 3RD TIME IN 4 YEARS TO MAKE THE FINAL 4. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT REPLACE THAT EXPERIENCE WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO CRUNCH TIME. RUSSELL KEPT THEIR POISE AND WHEN THEY HAD TO PASS, SENIOR TOMMY BROWN FOUND HIS RECIEVERS. YOUR QB JJ. HESCH IS ONE EXCELLENT LEADER AND I LOOK FOR GREAT THINGS FROM YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS TO NEWPORT ON A GREAT SEASON AND GO RUSSELL. LET MAKES THE 3RD TIME THE CHARM. DEFEND THE TURF AND LETS GO TO THE PIZZA TURF.

I wouldnt roll my eyes or anything, I mean Russell won and he gave them respect. But it does sound like a game that they could have played 10 tiems and split 5 games to 5. Anytime a game goes to overtime the teams are matched evenly. And obviously both teams felt like they were better and deserved to win. But I wouldnt be upset cause you guys did win and moved on.

It must have been a great ball game!

:thumb: Maybe I should have said they were about even. Really neither team was any better than the other I would say.

NHS - I AGREE BOTH TEAMS PLAYED THEIR HEART OUT. ONE OF THE BEST GAMES I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME. I THINK THE DIFFERENCE (IF THERE WAS ONE) WAS EXPERIENCE. FOR OUR SENIORS THIS WAS THEIR 4TH TIME IN 4 YEARS IN THE REGION FINALS AND THIS WILL BE THEIR 3RD TIME IN 4 YEARS TO MAKE THE FINAL 4. YOU SIMPLY CANNOT REPLACE THAT EXPERIENCE WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO CRUNCH TIME. RUSSELL KEPT THEIR POISE AND WHEN THEY HAD TO PASS, SENIOR TOMMY BROWN FOUND HIS RECIEVERS. YOUR QB JJ. HESCH IS ONE EXCELLENT LEADER AND I LOOK FOR GREAT THINGS FROM YOU GUYS NEXT YEAR. ONCE AGAIN CONGRATS TO NEWPORT ON A GREAT SEASON AND GO RUSSELL. LET MAKES THE 3RD TIME THE CHARM. DEFEND THE TURF AND LETS GO TO THE PIZZA TURF.

I totally agree with you, this is what I told play 2 win earlier this week that I was worried about was your guys experience in these big games and our guys not really having played in a game this big.

I totally agree with you, this is what I told play 2 win earlier this week that I was worried about was your guys experience in these big games and our guys not really having played in a game this big.

ON OFFENSE, HOW MANY GUYS DO YOU LOSE TO GRADUATION?

James Glenn,Chad Raleigh,Billy houston,,Matt Atkins,James Thomas,Greg Weisbrodt,Danny Goins,Chris Dykes,,Wlliam Sizemore,Dan Runion,D.j. Smith,Chris Earls,Glenn Young

These are the seniors I have on the roster that I have.

Thanks. as for the radio announcers, I've heard better and I've heard worse. My wife was listening to the game at home and said that on the extra point block they were going so nuts, that she couldn't tell what happened. I enjoy an announcer who gets excited, but call the play first and let us know what happened before you lose it.

Thanks. as for the radio announcers, I've heard better and I've heard worse. My wife was listening to the game at home and said that on the extra point block they were going so nuts, that she couldn't tell what happened. I enjoy an announcer who gets excited, but call the play first and let us know what happened before you lose it.

My main problem with them is the radio station always cuts out when I cant make it to a game, 1-5 times a game.

My main problem with them is the radio station always cuts out when I cant make it to a game, 1-5 times a game.

I agree. ther've been times on my way to the game i've turned on the radio for the pre-game only to hear music still being played. It's just very inconsistent. How long has KISS 107.1 been doing the games?