Spencer County or Who in the 8th Region

:sssh:I watched Spencer County play in the LLoyd Memorial Tourn and they lost to a very good Holmes. I started to wonder who would vie for the 8th Region Title. South Oldham, North Oldham or Collins. If Spencer County can keep guards under controll I think they could be a dominating team but they seem to want to take the game over and forget about team ball. But when they play like a team they look like no other team that I have seen. South Oldham I think is the all around team to beat with more talent then anyone.

I was impressed with one of the interior players for Spencer, (can't remember his number), and by their interior passing. Their inside guys play strong with the ball. Their guards did have some trouble with the overall speed of Holmes though which resulted in a few turnovers and breakaway layups. Overall a pretty nice team imo.

I think that it is Simon, or one of the Oldham's to lose. Oldham, Simon, and North play hard schedules, I know that Oldham has played 5 ranked teams, and North is in the Gaslight this week. Simon is at the AIT, so all are playing competition. Spencer's schedule a good JV team could win 20 games, not a way to prepare to win the 8th. They got a good team and a shot like a couple more teams, but that schedule will hurt them down the road. South same story, for years they want to win 20 games and that does not prepare your team for winning the region. Playing 1 hard team at home does not cut it.

I understand what you are saying but I really think 5 or 6 teams maybe in the 8th and would say the 8th Region is down this year but to say a JV team is a little over the top. I have seend Spencer play in the Lloyd tournament and looked pretty good. I think South Oldham is a little harsh also they have a real nice team and are well coached. I agree with all the teams you said also but I think it is up for grabs