December 27, 201015 yr Yeah that's what this team of losers need is a 67 year old "nice guy" coach that has been out of football for three years. They need a Gruden type coach that won't take the same mistakes week in and week out by some of the players on this team. Nobody that good will take the job
December 27, 201015 yr Yeah that's what this team of losers need is a 67 year old "nice guy" coach that has been out of football for three years. They need a Gruden type coach that won't take the same mistakes week in and week out by some of the players on this team. I sure don't argue this type logic, but if you think anyone like a Gruden, Cowher, etc. would come here and work for Mike Brown, with him as the GM; you're delusional!! No one but a yes man, has been or first timer, looking for the salary & prestige a NFL head coach demands, would come into a situation where your reputation and success are controlled by an incompetent (football) man, who's delusional and egotistical enough to think after twenty years and only two winning seasons, that he's doing a good job. IF Marvin leaves (and if he does, I think it's his call); you can be guaranteed it will be someone like Zimmer, or another first timer looking to add HC to his resume. They'll make some predictably poor personnel moves; win a few more games due to the socialistic nature of the NFL and their scheduling; then slide back to their proper, lower division place in the NFL hierarchy under Mike Brown.
December 27, 201015 yr I think there decision to come back will be more in Marvin's court than it will be the pea brain owner. Marvin will make requests, Mike will give into some and not to others. Marvin will then have to decide if there are enough of his requests met.
December 27, 201015 yr Yeah that's what this team of losers need is a 67 year old "nice guy" coach that has been out of football for three years. They need a Gruden type coach that won't take the same mistakes week in and week out by some of the players on this team. I may be wrong but I believe Schottenheimer had a reputation as a hard nosed coach that made his teams tough. They were also playoff teams ! His downfall was that he could get to the playoffs but not win in them. I'll take getting to the playoffs two or three years in a row. Then if for some reason we don't win in the playoffs we'll go from there...
December 27, 201015 yr ^ We can only hope. I think he would be a good fit in Cincy. He had some really good overachieving teams in Carolina, before management and him had their little falling out.
December 27, 201015 yr Hearing Mike Brown may hire the man he feels is most qualified for this job--Mike Brown!! Why not, he could be President, GM and Head Coach; and quit having to argue with "the help" on personnel moves; when he knows already that "Mikey Knows Best" given his track record!!
December 27, 201015 yr If its not Marvin, then its probably going to be Zimmer, or Hue Jackson IMO. I would love for the Bengals to get some of these top coaches that will be available, however I am realistic that won't happen. Who knows it could be Tom Coughlin if he is fired, if people remember he was one of the finalist for the Job when Marvin got it. A guy that could be realistic to get, that I would love the hire would be Brian Billick.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.