Michael Vick would like to own a dog again.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say I missed my calling as a journalist but I think I could have been an excellent PR guy for athletes who have done dumb things. No way should he be broadcasting to the world he may own a dog again one day. I have no problem with it, but there is still a lot of anti-Mike Vick sentiment out right now. He should just play football and keep his mouth shut. As his PR man, no way would this sentence ever made it into the ears of the public. Too soon.

Even if he does why would he say that? Just gives people a reason to bring that back up.
Because as PP92 said, he has terrible PR people. I asked 12 girls at work what they thought and not one was supportive of the idea. Four gave responses that would be impossible to edit for BGP purposes (two are what I would classify as "sweet old ladies"). People may be ok with seeing him play football again (myself included), but by no means is the general public remotely over the mistreatment/killing of his dogs.

OK...I believe that people can change. I do find it heinous what he did. But, should we immediately and irrevocably assume that he hasn't changed?

I don't know yet what I think of this. When I first read it, I didn't have an immediate reaction of any sort, other than curiosity to read the rest.

I'll mull it over some then decide.

Isn't this kind of like someone on the sexual predator list saying he's ready to adopt?

Depends on how you look at the Vick crime. If you think that he was in the dog fighting business because he got a sick pleasure out of seeing dogs rip each others fleshes off, then I guess it would be. I could be dumb or naive, but I've always just assumed it was gambling for Vick and nothing more.