Michael Vick would like to own a dog again.

Regardless of his motives for getting involved in it, it's clear that at no point did he regard the dogs any more highly than the dirt on the ground. I think that's where most dog-lovers' objections come from.

I don't disagree with that. I just think for whatever reason he could seprarate owning pets and owning animals he used for betting. Maybe that's naive, but I honestly don't think he ever thought what he was doing was a bad thing. I'm not going to defend it or him, I just think that if he did own dogs in the future it wouldn't be a bad thing for those dogs.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree with that. I just think for whatever reason he could seprarate owning pets and owning animals he used for betting. Maybe that's naive, but I honestly don't think he ever thought what he was doing was a bad thing. I'm not going to defend it or him, I just think that if he did own dogs in the future it wouldn't be a bad thing for those dogs.

And this I can agree with. There will be so much scrutiny on him, if he even raises his voice to his future pet dog there will be hundreds of people calling the SPCA on him. He would have no choice but to treat future pets like royalty.

This I agree with. I just feel pet ownership is a privilege---a privilege that he lost for good.