Simon Kenton 63 Walton-Verona 50

Simon Kenton......11 19 11 22 63

Walton-Verona....13 11 12 14 50

Simon Kenton (3-0) -- Wainscott 17, Owings 15, Stevenson 12, Cook 2, Orr 12, Morrison 3, Blevins 2.

Walton-Verona (1-2) -- Clinkenbeard 4, Slavey 5, Hoffa 2, Ginn 2, Taulbee 6, Dixon 8, Judy 12, Sandlin 11.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must admit I was very worried about this game. Wa;ton is coming off a very successful season, and has a very good team. It looked like they had the same team as last year. I was surprised to see former SK player Katey Slavey get such limited action in this game. If I remember correctly she started and play several minutes last year each time we played. Congrats SK on what I believe was a quaility win against a pretty solid Walton team.

It looks like Walton is going to live and die by the 3 and last night they died. This would have been a quality win for them but it didn't happen. Walton's guards just kept jacking up the 3's and made very few of them. The guards continue to be the missing link for Walton, way too many turnovers and no floor general. Don't understand why they didn't utilize their height advantage and pound it down low? Judy played a great 1st half but I don't believe she even played in the 4th quarter. Not sure why Walton was content sitting back in a zone and letting SK run time off the clock in the 4th quarter. Coach Stower's guards dominated and he always has his team ready to play. Congrats to SK for a nice district win. I know it's early, but if Walton continues to play without a point guard, they will struggle against the better teams.

I also did not understand why Judy did not play much in the 4th quarter. I don't think Simon had any answer for Judy. Judy is much improved from last year, and has started the season off strong.

Agreed. I thought that #11 for Simon was very quick and hit some 3's. Walton had trouble matching up with her.

Agreed. I thought that #11 for Simon was very quick and hit some 3's. Walton had trouble matching up with her.

Why would you let her (Abby Owings #11) stay in the game? She is 5' tall and lucky if she ways 90lbs. Why wouldn't you post her up every time down the floor to make coach Stowers take her out of the game.

Why would you let her (Abby Owings #11) stay in the game? She is 5' tall and lucky if she ways 90lbs. Why wouldn't you post her up every time down the floor to make coach Stowers take her out of the game.

#15 who came in late in the game for Walton seem to have the speed to keep up with her. That or your suggestion seem to have some potential.

Walton did not have trouble matching up with her they just didn't guard her. She didn't do anything but stand outside and shoot. Walton dared her to shoot and she made them pay in the 2nd half. Walton needs to quit worrying about taking players out of a game and play. They were so conscience of Wainscott that other players on Simon stood and shot wide open shots. Dixon only getting to play very limited minutes was big. The turning point in the game was with Walton down one, and with the ball, Dixon gets her 4th foul (with 13 seconds left in the 3rd) for a moving screen and then Waton's bench gets and T. Simon makes both free throws and then scores again at the buzzer to go up 5. Walton pulled to within 3 and had an open three to tied the game with about 4 minutes left, but missed. Simon then used a spread offense and made free throws along with Walton's misses from the outside to increase the lead. I did see some positives for Walton, but there were a lot of negatives. Wainscott once again showed why she is the best player in the region.