Simon Kenton 63 Walton-Verona 50

Johnny Wooden, Bobby Knight, Adolph Rupp, Pat Summit, Dean Smith, Denny Crum - you name them - could coach at W-V and many would find fault with them. That said, this list is just to make a point, and no one is comparing any past or present W-V coach with the previously-stated list of coaches. Just saying that of any program over the last few years, the criticism of coaches at this school, on this web site, has been extraordinarily high - more so than at any other I can think of.

Come to think of it, this may be a contributing factor in the frequent W-V coaching turnover the past few years. Why is this? It is not a good reflection on anyone, and it makes outsiders scratch their heads and wonder about the alledged "fans" and "supporters" of the program. Support the coaches and cheer for the kids - be positive and get rid of the venom! That's what adults are supposed to do, not take anonymous pot-shots at coaches who are working hard to help their kids and school.

I hear what your saying. But I would disagree there has been frequent W-V coaching turnover. Tom Luebbe had a long stint as the head coach and then (the mistake was made) then Coach Miller was hired and is at last check is still coaching at Walton. I will agree with you that some of the venom is sometimes a little over the top on the other hand if your a coach no matter what you do there is usually going to be pot shots directed your way and should be expected. I think the issue is where is the balance between passion and petty? Please don't misunderstand I don't disagree with everything your saying but as a fan or a supporter of something your passionate about sometimes tough love is required. This statement has nothing to do with the Walton program but mine mules also work hard but that doesn't make them good basketball coaches.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic