Simon Kenton 63 Walton-Verona 50

Walton did not have trouble matching up with her they just didn't guard her. She didn't do anything but stand outside and shoot. Walton dared her to shoot and she made them pay in the 2nd half. Walton needs to quit worrying about taking players out of a game and play. They were so conscience of Wainscott that other players on Simon stood and shot wide open shots. Dixon only getting to play very limited minutes was big. The turning point in the game was with Walton down one, and with the ball, Dixon gets her 4th foul (with 13 seconds left in the 3rd) for a moving screen and then Waton's bench gets and T. Simon makes both free throws and then scores again at the buzzer to go up 5. Walton pulled to within 3 and had an open three to tied the game with about 4 minutes left, but missed. Simon then used a spread offense and made free throws along with Walton's misses from the outside to increase the lead. I did see some positives for Walton, but there were a lot of negatives. Wainscott once again showed why she is the best player in the region.

The thing is all this is fixable for Walton. They can beat SK with alittle fine tuning. I do thing that their inside game is their strength with Dixon, Judy, Sandlin.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walton did not have trouble matching up with her they just didn't guard her. She didn't do anything but stand outside and shoot. Walton dared her to shoot and she made them pay in the 2nd half. Walton needs to quit worrying about taking players out of a game and play. They were so conscience of Wainscott that other players on Simon stood and shot wide open shots. Dixon only getting to play very limited minutes was big. The turning point in the game was with Walton down one, and with the ball, Dixon gets her 4th foul (with 13 seconds left in the 3rd) for a moving screen and then Waton's bench gets and T. Simon makes both free throws and then scores again at the buzzer to go up 5. Walton pulled to within 3 and had an open three to tied the game with about 4 minutes left, but missed. Simon then used a spread offense and made free throws along with Walton's misses from the outside to increase the lead. I did see some positives for Walton, but there were a lot of negatives. Wainscott once again showed why she is the best player in the region.

Great assessment!

Wainscott is a very good player, but to say she is the best player in the region is taking it a bit far. She was the best player last year but I think there are more athletic girls that have drastically improved. There are girls in the region being recruited by Xavier, Notre Dame, U of L, Vanderbilt, Western Kentucky..... Let's not crown her the "best" yet.

Wainscott is a very good player, but to say she is the best player in the region is taking it a bit far. She was the best player last year but I think there are more athletic girls that have drastically improved. There are girls in the region being recruited by Xavier, Notre Dame, U of L, Vanderbilt, Western Kentucky..... Let's not crown her the "best" yet.

WOW!!! The 8th region must be the best region in the state with ALL of these players being recruited by D1 teams. Can you tell us who they are or is it a secret?

The thing is all this is fixable for Walton. They can beat SK with alittle fine tuning. I do thing that their inside game is their strength with Dixon, Judy, Sandlin.
I agree with you Sarge but some of the same problems were very evident for Walton last year and were not fixed. So don't hold your breath.

WOW!!! The 8th region must be the best region in the state with ALL of these players being recruited by D1 teams. Can you tell us who they are or is it a secret?

I would like to know that also. I believe that Wainscott is still the best player in the region. She is the reigning queen and has done nothing to have her crown removed.

Whitfield is getting looks from all these schools and more. i believe that Gayhart is also getting looks from WKU. Not sure about any offers but Whitfield definitely has the body type that D1 is looking for and Gayhart can shoot the lights out period. She is really tough. I too am curious who else is out there getting looks and from who.

Whitfield is getting looks from all these schools and more. i believe that Gayhart is also getting looks from WKU. Not sure about any offers but Whitfield definitely has the body type that D1 is looking for and Gayhart can shoot the lights out period. She is really tough. I too am curious who else is out there getting looks and from who.

Those are the two players I meant--not a secret. I am sure Anderson has some kids getting recruited also. When these girls play outside of the 8th region in AAU/exposure events, coaches can really see how good they are.

Sandlin and Judy from Walton, Sydney Brown from Anderson are a few others.

A little fine tuning? Your starting guards have gotten 25 to 27 minutes a game and have been outscored 103pts to 26pts. Looks to me like a overhaul should be coming.

Sandlin and Judy from Walton, Sydney Brown from Anderson are a few others.

I would be very surprised if Sandlin and Judy are getting D-1 attention. When we played Walton friday night Sandlin is not even a starter. This must mean Walton has atleast 6 D-1 players, really? We beat Walton by 13, and they have with that many D-1 players? Dixon is by far the best player Walton has, and I was told she is going to Thomas More College with Chelsea. I will say that Judy has came a long way and did look very solid. She is a very big girl and may be the only other girl Walton has that could play above D-3 if she continues to improve. Not to knock any of the other players, just my opinion.

I would be very surprised if Sandlin and Judy are getting D-1 attention. When we played Walton friday night Sandlin is not even a starter. This must mean Walton has atleast 6 D-1 players, really? We beat Walton by 13, and they have with that many D-1 players? Dixon is by far the best player Walton has, and I was told she is going to Thomas More College with Chelsea. I will say that Judy has came a long way and did look very solid. She is a very big girl and may be the only other girl Walton has that could play above D-3 if she continues to improve. Not to knock any of the other players, just my opinion.

Remember they are both just sophomores.

A little fine tuning? Your starting guards have gotten 25 to 27 minutes a game and have been outscored 103pts to 26pts. Looks to me like a overhaul should be coming.

Hope springs eternal for me about this team. Have alittle faith brother, the pieces to the puzzle are still being put into place.

Have to say I agree totally with this.