Conner 60 Simon Kenton 42

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Kenton (2-1) - Mullen 1 1 3, Barnes 0 2 2, Gray 2 0 5, Ayers 6 2 14, Rabe 3 4 10, Doss 3 2 8. Totals: 15 11 42.

Conner (2-1) - Liechty 2 12 16, Miller 2 1 6, Flesch 2 1 6, Richardson 2 1 5, Robinson 4 0 9, Hodges 6 1 14, Ernstes 1 0 2, Abdon 1 0 2. Totals: 20 16 60.

Simon Kenton 12 10 9 11 42

Conner 15 14 13 18 60

Chambers will be playing then.

Is Chambers really that good? Don't know to much about him.....did he earn any recognition from last year - All District/Region/State Team? Also, who are some of the other great teams that SK will be playing from all across the state? Other than going to Ashland, SK doesn't play anyone outside of the 8/9/10th region. I'm not saying that Boone, Dixie, Conner, Cov Cath, and Holmes aren't good teams either - after watching Holmes play Scott Co, their my darkhorse for the 9th too!

Missing players, age, what not aside. Two teams played last night and the better team won. What I noticed from Conner was very good perimeter defense. SK was screening and rotating the ball trying to get their shooters good looks, but they were not there. Offensively Conner controlled the ball extremely well. Flesch had a very nice game for the Cougars. He did a great job at getting through the SK traps and distributing the ball to guys who "ALL" scored. What will make Conner tough to beat is their team play. Teams will not be able to focus on any one player because another one will step up and beat you. I was really looking for a big game from Nick Gray. I realize he had the early foul trouble, but he looked disrupted. I guess good "D" will do that to you. SK will definately improve with Chambers in the lineup, but I still don't believe it would have changed the outcome of this game.

I agree with you here, he looked frustrated to me. The block of his three pointer and ensuing turnover seemed to be the boiling point. So far he's been well under his '09 average but I expect he will turn it around but when times are tough he can't get down on himself.

Is Chambers really that good? Don't know to much about him.....did he earn any recognition from last year - All District/Region/State Team? Also, who are some of the other great teams that SK will be playing from all across the state? Other than going to Ashland, SK doesn't play anyone outside of the 8/9/10th region. I'm not saying that Boone, Dixie, Conner, Cov Cath, and Holmes aren't good teams either - after watching Holmes play Scott Co, their my darkhorse for the 9th too!

He's pretty solid. He is pretty efficient as a scorer and can play both guard spots. 48% from the field, 41% from the arc and 80% from the line.

It's not about 3 pointers. SK is just awhful and simply got dominated. Just as they will be dominated by Boone and Dixie!

Have you seen SK play? To say there awhful or awful however you spell it is a little ridiculous. While SK does play some youngsters they certainly have some veterans to lean on and really should be the workhorses for the team. I said in an earlier email on a different topic, SK's biggest challenge will be themselves due to their scheduling. They should have scheduled tougher however they can beat any of the teams you mentioned on any given night and vice versa. To realize your true potential you have to challenge yourself and I'm not sure their schedule has offorded them this opportunity so they are going to struggle on certain nights because they don't have to bring it every single night and that will unfortunately become there routine. I put that on the AD or coach but to say they are awful is way off base. I know Boone and Dixie better bring their A game or they may get beat by an 'awhful' team. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing? Last comment: I think Boone's and Dixie's coaches develop their talent better and have a better grasp on X's and O's but kids are kids and you don't know who will show up from night to night.

If I'm not mistaken they'll be playing GRC. I think most on here would agree that GRC is a pretty good team.