It pains me!

ADopted ADmiral

I run a family restaurant.I have been doing this at the same location for over 18 years.We have a breakfast,lunch and dinner buffet.It pains me to see how much food people waste everyday.Those people should be ashamed of themselves,because of all of the people/children that go hungry in this world everyday.I take pride in what I do and I want to give the customer the best service and food for their money.

I just think that if someone eats from the buffet they should only take what they can eat.They can always go back if they need more.Sorry for the rant,I just had one of my dishwashers show me a bus pan that had 17 slices of bacon in it,that came from one table.A party of three!:irked:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand perfectly. I can't stand to see food wasted like that either, and trust me, my plates is ALWAYS clean when I'm done. Just give me the directions to your restaurant, and spindoc, Ram, and myself will make a trip, and show you just how well we eat. :D:D

I understand perfectly. I can't stand to see food wasted like that either, and trust me, my plates is ALWAYS clean when I'm done. Just give me the directions to your restaurant, and spindoc, Ram, and myself will make a trip, and show you just how well we eat. :D:D

And I love that...I have people tell me that they are going to put a hurtin on me.I tell them to bring it on...I want them to tear it up,to be satisfied,to come back again.It's just so depressing to see all of that food going to the dumpster.

Yea I would love to have all you guys come for a visit...We would put a hurtin on you.:lol:

It sounded to me like he actually wants to STAY in business. :cool:

And I love that...I have people tell me that they are going to put a hurtin on me.I tell them to bring it on...I want them to tear it up,to be satisfied,to come back again.It's just so depressing to see all of that food going to the dumpster.
I've always wondered how a restaurant can make a profit serving a buffet. Seems like the number of overeaters would far "outweigh" the number who don't eat their money's worth.

I've always wondered how a restaurant can make a profit serving a buffet. Seems like the number of overeaters would far "outweigh" the number who don't eat their money's worth.

It is tough to make a profit.I've watched mothers fix their children's plates with enough food that could feed four children.90% usually ends up in the trash...

In less than two years our franchise agreement runs out. After that the only buffet's we will continue,will be a Breakfast Buffet,a salad buffet and a Friday and Saturday night seafood buffet.

Take what you can eat.You can always go back for more...Don't waste.:thumb:

AA, I find it very sad that people do this. That is one lesson that I learned from my father early on. You ONLY ever put on your plate what you are going to eat. It's shameful and I could never work in the restaurant industry and hold my tongue about that...which means that I'd be out of business soon...lol.
:thumb: When I was a young kid, my dad wouldn't let you leave the table until you finished what you put on your plate.