"Ryle is just the next in line for stepping in deep doo-doo."

theguru

OK, serious question for Northern Kentucky folks.

How good is this Ryle team? Better than the Boone County teams that Trinity played? Better than the Simon Kenton team last year? How do they compare to the Ryle team that made it to the finals? Just curious. Am trying to make decision to I stay and watch Central-Tilghman or go to Trinity-Ryle.

If time and gas money are not problems, make the drive. This year's Ryle team and last year's SK team that lost a close one to St. X are very even. Don't know much about Boone Co. teams that Trinity played. The '06 Ryle team that made it to the finals had too many weaknesses and was not able to pass the ball effectively. Ryle has a very good QB this year who can run and pass very well. Ryle had mostly juniors starting on the O-line in 06 and all but one senior starting on the line this year. O-line on this team is much better than the '06 O-line. I look for a very close and hard-hitting game that will be worth the drive.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity will get beat by someone at some point. Every great team/program always does. Ryle has a good shot at being that team with home field advantage and some big wins in the last month. Friday night can't get here soon enough.

They were back in September, it's not like they are riding a huge winning streak like Highlands.........was

Edited by sportsfan41

My question (which has perhaps been discussed somewhere else) is: Can Ryle pass if they need to? IF they get down 2 scores CAN they come back? It was obvious to everyone last weekend that X could not. Playing on the road against a team that beat HHS?... I am thinking this could be a really good game. Granted I think T wins it, but I very much do not see an outcome like T has seen the last time they played SK or Ryle.

I think I remember some similar statements several years ago, before Trinity was taken down by Dixie. It'll be settled on the field on Friday, not before, I'm sure Ryle's coaching staff will make sure of that.

This could very well be true, but knowing that team as close as I did, the comparison is apples and pianos.

OK, serious question for Northern Kentucky folks.

How good is this Ryle team? Better than the Boone County teams that Trinity played? Better than the Simon Kenton team last year? How do they compare to the Ryle team that made it to the finals? Just curious. Am trying to make decision to I stay and watch Central-Tilghman or go to Trinity-Ryle.

I will say here and now that Ryle has nothing even close to the talent of Miles Simpson. Travis Elliott is a very good RB, but not in the same zip code as MS. After watching both teams, I will be shocked if Trinity does not win this game by >14. I really would like to see Ryle hang, but I just think their suspect secondary will be their Achilles. Trinity needs to put 8 in the box and make Hempel through the ball >25 times. If this happens, Trinity wins the ball game going away. Also, the 06' team rolled over everyone until they met Trinity @ Papa John's. It's sad to see the Ryle faithful characterize that team as inferior to this year's team. I was at the game in 06' and the Ryle fans were in shock as the game unfolded. It's just different when you play one of the "two-headed monsters". Good luck to both teams. I hope both come away with no serious injuries.

If time and gas money are not problems, make the drive. This year's Ryle team and last year's SK team that lost a close one to St. X are very even. Don't know much about Boone Co. teams that Trinity played. The '06 Ryle team that made it to the finals had too many weaknesses and was not able to pass the ball effectively. Ryle has a very good QB this year who can run and pass very well. Ryle had mostly juniors starting on the O-line in 06 and all but one senior starting on the line this year. O-line on this team is much better than the '06 O-line. I look for a very close and hard-hitting game that will be worth the drive.

I think you're selling the O-line on the '06 team a little short. That '06 team was a very, very good rushing team (Murray, Gray, Benke) and it didn't happen without a very good line in front of them.

I think that is closer, isn't it?

No Ryle lost to T 41-7 last time they played obviously not a big difference but sports fan made it sound like they could hang in this thread but get blown out in the prediction thread. Not a big deal but just asking what sports fan really believes.

I think you're selling the O-line on the '06 team a little short. That '06 team was a very, very good rushing team (Murray, Gray, Benke) and it didn't happen without a very good line in front of them.

The O-line in 06 was mostly juniors and had some very slow of foot players. Films don't lie. The difference in O-line technique is staggering between this year's team and the 06 team.

I will say here and now that Ryle has nothing even close to the talent of Miles Simpson. Travis Elliott is a very good RB, but not in the same zip code as MS. After watching both teams, I will be shocked if Trinity does not win this game by >14. I really would like to see Ryle hang, but I just think their suspect secondary will be their Achilles. Trinity needs to put 8 in the box and make Hempel through the ball >25 times. If this happens, Trinity wins the ball game going away. Also, the 06' team rolled over everyone until they met Trinity @ Papa John's. It's sad to see the Ryle faithful characterize that team as inferior to this year's team. I was at the game in 06' and the Ryle fans were in shock as the game unfolded. It's just different when you play one of the "two-headed monsters". Good luck to both teams. I hope both come away with no serious injuries.

We will agree to disagree. To say that Travis is not in the same zip code means that you know more than D-1 coaches.