"Ryle is just the next in line for stepping in deep doo-doo."

theguru

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle will be cranked to pull the upset and they will aim to play very very well to bring down the #1 team in KY this year. Both teams will be very well prepared and expect a great game in cold weather at Union. RP is certainly the voice of humility for the Rocks, who are certainly the favorite in this game.

It sounds like Ryle has there best team ever ready to face the Shamrocks at home. They are facing the best Trinity team ever only to be surpassed by next years team. It is great to see the best play the best. I do not know about stepping in do-do, but I do not see the Shamrocks being the team from Louisville to end the football domination held on to by Louisville schools that so many despise.

RP is certainly the voice of humility for the Rocks, who are certainly the favorite in this game.

You don't get this far by not being good, and generating quite a bit of confidence. Ryle has beaten (IMO), the second best team in the state. And done so recently. They certainly deserve the utmost, in respect. That being said, I am aware we are the favorite, and likely should be. But, we are in their backyard, with the majority rooting against us. We absolutely will have to play very, very well to win. If Ryle goes toe to toe, scoring wise, with us, that lends towards our favor. If Ryle gets behind a couple scores, I feel we'll have a chance to spread that gap. No telling at this point. I am not comfortable with this, nor will I be until the game is underway Friday night.

Ryle needs to do what X did for 1/8 of the game. If they (Ryle) have a QB that is at least a threat to throw the ball, then they certainly have a chance. Just complete 6 of 10 and run the ball 45 times and they could be right there. Their defense has to force a turnover or two and they cannot afford a costly fumble on a kick return like X gave to T. But if Ryle were to pull off the upset I see something like 28-27. I just don't think they can keep the Rocks to under 4 touchdowns, but if their offense can mount 4 or 5 drives like X did on their opening drive, then it could frustrate the young T offense (and the entire team). Having said all that, I think that if those planets don't all line up then T wins by 30.

The O-line in 06 was mostly juniors and had some very slow of foot players. Films don't lie. The difference in O-line technique is staggering between this year's team and the 06 team.

So are you therefore implying that the '06 backs were markedly better than this year's backs given that their impressive stats were accomplished behind a vastly inferior line and without the benefit of a supportive passing game?

So are you therefore implying that the '06 backs were markedly better than this year's backs given that their impressive stats were accomplished behind a vastly inferior line and without the benefit of a supportive passing game?

No, not markedly better, if at all better than Travis and Deion. The junior dominated O-line in 06 is vastly inferior (your suggested words) to this year's O-line. The only teams they played with good speed on the D-line in 06 were CovCath (scrimmage - Cov won state that year), Glen Este (lost in 2nd round in fairly close game to Colerain) and T and they were not successful in scoring in those games because they were slow. Thus, literally blown out by the 3 very good teams they played with quick defensive fronts. This year's team was not blown out by the one very good team with good line speed they played twice (Highlands). And, SK is no slouch although not quite as fast as Highlands or T. Our running backs this year are not being shut down by the fast defensive teams this year because the O-line is much more athletic and quicker. I hope that explains the difference in the Ryle O-lines of 06 and 10. And, the 10 SK defense is a lot better than any of the defenses that the Raiders played against in the 06 playoffs until the Rocks. Not even close comparison between the two lines IMHO. Again, take time to watch film and technique and footwork comparing both teams and you can make a better judgment.