Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry/Sheldon Clark Game Discussion

Featured Replies

Let's leave everything out of this thread that doesn't involve the game.

 

Sc-18

Belfry-14

  • Replies 58
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

This isn't the Belfry team of the past 2 years, but still a very dangerous team. For Sheldon Clark to come away with the W, they will have to play mistake free football. Create turnovers, and eat up the clock. If we don't Belfry will. Both teams are better than the 1st time they met this season, so I look for it to be a long night of smash mouth football from both sides. I believe it will be a great game. Looking for my Cards to come out on top.

This isn't the Belfry team of the past 2 years, but still a very dangerous team. For Sheldon Clark to come away with the W, they will have to play mistake free football. Create turnovers, and eat up the clock. If we don't Belfry will. Both teams are better than the 1st time they met this season, so I look for it to be a long night of smash mouth football from both sides. I believe it will be a great game. Looking for my Cards to come out on top.

 

I really agree with your post, although I am a Belfry fan. but I am about tired of hearing the statement that this isnt the same Belfry team of the past two years. We all know that! It was known before the season started. Listen .. Belfry is 10-2 this season with a three headed running attack and one heck of a coach to boot. I just wish more people would quit using the statement that is obvious, every team is different from year to year, the key at Belfry is tradition, and thats something we have a ton of and when someone plays for Belfry they are not looking to past teams, they are just looking to represent the name on the front of thier jerseys and thier community and thats it. They dont want to be last years team, they want to be This! years team! :fight:

Belfry vs. Sheldon Clark

 

Regional Titles since 1959

 

Belfry 10 (five in 3A and five in 2A, including two straight)

Sheldon Clark 1 (1998 in 3A)

 

Playoff History

 

1998 (3A Region Final) Sheldon Clark 16-15 (ot)

I really agree with your post, although I am a Belfry fan. but I am about tired of hearing the statement that this isnt the same Belfry team of the past two years. We all know that! It was known before the season started. Listen .. Belfry is 10-2 this season with a three headed running attack and one heck of a coach to boot. I just wish more people would quit using the statement that is obvious, every team is different from year to year, the key at Belfry is tradition, and thats something we have a ton of and when someone plays for Belfry they are not looking to past teams, they are just looking to represent the name on the front of thier jerseys and thier community and thats it. They dont want to be last years team, they want to be This! years team! :fight:

 

I understand and agree and I feel this years Belfry team has really made its own mark and identity in the football pages. Being a Sheldon Clark fan I must say Im pulling for the Cardinals but I must admitt that Belfry is one heck of a team right now in their own right, they too have surprised many this year and are just as dangerous as any Belfry team of the past. Maybe not with all the glimmer and bright lights but still winning games and thats what counts. My hat is off to the Belfry program, but right now it is about right now, and the boys playing this year have worked just as hard and came just as far as about 8 others in class 2a in the state and thats a great feat for anyone.

But now for this Friday night I look for 1 heck of a game from 2 great teams

but I have to go with the Cardinals in a real close one

Cardinals 15

Pirates 14

Sheldon Clark will end their season Friday night at CAM..........Belfry will move on to play in the State Semi Finals for the 3rd year in a row.......

 

 

:dancingpa :dancingpa

 

 

and there is no way Sheldon Clark will hold the Pirates to only 14 points........

Haywood will take what the defense gives him. If possible, I beleive he would prefer to run 3 plays the entire game. If Sheldon Clark has success stopping the fullback, then it will be fun game to watch. Everything Belfry gets feeds off the fullback this season.

 

May was VERY impressive against Middlesboro. At fullback and at linebacker. He is going to be a fantastic tailback in the future, but he is the best FULLBACK I've seen this season.

Coach Hager has Brought this team a long ways since start of season, gonna be one heck of a game.

 

GOOD LUCK SHELDON CLARK!!!!

I don't think this game will be very long. Both teams play smash-mouth football and they will both eat up the clock. I'm rooting for my boys from Inez. GO SC!

The clock should definately run the majority of the game. IMO, the play clock has been a huge positive at Belfry. The tempo has been noticable increased and it makes it a better game for the spectator.

I have to go with my Pirates on this one, and I can't wait to watch good smashmouth football. :fight:

I am goin to go with the Pirates by 2 or 3 touchdowns........IMO it will be a close game in the 1st half....Belfry will then turn it on in the 2nd half just how they have done in the past.

Last night on the late news, from WYMT Hazard TV Station, they announced that the game between Belfry and Sheldon Clark Friday night,will be carried live on their Station.

The Sports Overtime that is part of the late news will also be carried Live from Belfry Field..

 

Looking foward to watching the game...

Good luck to both teams. I expect a good and close game..

:dancingpa :dancingpa

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.