Belfry/Sheldon Clark Game Discussion

Deimos

This time tonight we will be down at CAM watching the mighty pirates get ready to play on the of the BIGGEST playoff games yet....

Good Luck to both teams...

&& I will see everyone at the game tonight!!

Have fun && LET'S GO PIRATES!!!!!!!

:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need it be any clearer for everyone. There is a big difference in playing Belfry and Leslie Co. Belfry has it, Leslie Co wanted it. Belfry is the top dog in our region and has been for a long time. Yes there have been years that others have taken us down but everyone, no matter what, would do whatever they can to take down the Pirates and more that 90% of the time they walk away from playing the Pirates with a loss under their belt. Leslie is a team that draws you in on the run and then throws it deep. Yes they were a good team but not good enough, and yes they got beat by a good Sheldon Clark team. Belfry will line up and go all night long ramming the ball right down your mouth, whether you like it or not, and they will continue to do it until someone can stop it. If you can stop it you will probably win, if your a good team. If you can't stop the run then your in for a long night.

What I am saying is this. Sheldon Clark you are a good ball team. You beat a good Leslie Co team on their home field, which if Belfry would have gotten a hold of them they would have, in my opinion, beaten them by 4 touchdowns and you come in to CAM tomorrow night saying that you are going to beat the Belfry Pirates on their on home field. I just ain't going to happen. I tell you I could not be any happier and proud of what you all have done this season but tomorrow night Sheldon Clark, get ready for basketball, because the Pirates are moving on to the State Semi Finals. :fire: :fire: :fire:

Go Cards, beat those arrogant over-confident Pirates!

Just because there are a few arogant, over confident fans doesnt mean that all Pirate fans are that way. We all know that SC can beat Over Arogant teams, just like they did when they took it to Leslie Co. last week. This Pirate fan is not arrogant and I think it will be a dogfight tonight.

Seems ever week Sheldon Clark are the under dogs and thats fine-just like most Belfry fans say they are tried of hearing certain statement-

well the same can be said for SHLEDON CLARK fans, we have a GREAT COACH and a GREAT group of kids who have shown they DO have the heart and the TALENT to line up and play IN your face Smash mouth football.

And as someone said these are kids come on dont let the fans ruin it. good luck to both teams and hope for a safe game.

GO!!!!!!!!! CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Seems ever week Sheldon Clark are the under dogs and thats fine-just like most Belfry fans say they are tried of hearing certain statement-

well the same can be said for SHLEDON CLARK fans, we have a GREAT COACH and a GREAT group of kids who have shown they DO have the heart and the TALENT to line up and play IN your face Smash mouth football.

And as someone said these are kids come on dont let the fans ruin it. good luck to both teams and hope for a safe game.

GO!!!!!!!!! CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Yes they are a great bunch of kids! The fans are as well! Good luck Sheldon Clark! :thumb:

Guest kybigguy42

Last week my heart trumped my head when I predicted Sheldon Clark over Leslie County, 26 - 22. It appeared to me that the Eagles were a match-up nightmare for the Cardinals. They were diverse offensively with superb athletes at each skill position. They had strong down guards and great linebackers who flew to the football on defense. With sheer heart and determination the Cardinals came back to Martin County with a great win.

I believe Sheldon Clark matches up much better with Belfry. The Pirate offense is not nearly as complicated (although they do what they do incredibly well) and defensively I think they are much more vulnerable to the run than was Leslie County.

I genuinely believe that the Cardinals can win tonight. Here are the keys to a Sheldon Clark victory...

1) Ball control - The Cards must control the line of scrimmage and dominate time of possession. The Pirates can't score if they don't have the ball. The play of the Sheldon Clark offensive line is critical.

2) Penalties and Turnovers - Leslie County shot itself in the foot last week with their own mistakes. Two penalties nullified potential touchdowns and a 3rd quarter turnover on their side of the field led to a Sheldon Clark touchdown. The Cards have to once again play almost mistake free.

3) Special Teams - An earlier post mentioned field position is dictated by special teams. That is absolutely right IMO. The Cards will have to do a much better job tonight of breaking down and tackling on punts and kickoffs if they want to win tonight.

4) Passing Game - As strange as this may sound with these two teams playing I believe the team that can make adjustments during the course of the game and throw the ball effectively in critical situations will win tonight. Belfry did it in the first game. The Cards will have to do it tonight.

SC 22 Belfry 20....predicted with my heart AND my head!

Trust me this Pirate fan is far from being arrogant. I said before that I was thrilled that Sheldon Clark beat Leslie, everyone on Pond Creek knew that they could, but after they do suddenly they are the team to beat. After a 38 to 12 loss at CAM in the regular season and a 20 to 19 victory last weekend at Leslie Co. all of a sudden the Cards are the team to beat and the Belfry Pirates are on the outside looking in. Don't talk about anyone being arrogant until you go back and read all the posts that have been placed about this game tonight. Remember Sheldon Clark is coming to Belfry tonight, it's not the other way around, and all this 21-18 & 14 - 13 scores with Sheldon Clark winning won't happen. You beat a good team from Hyden and suddenly that makes up for the 4 touchdowns that you lost by the last time you were at the CAM. I just don't see Coach Haywood allowing his boys to come out and play without that fire in their eyes and knowing that a third straight regional Championship is just 48 minutes away.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

Belfry: 45

Sheldon Clark: 13

Guest kybigguy42

Read some of the earlier posts......the last time these two teams played the score did not reflect the closeness of the game. Belfry is the two-time defending state champion....it would seem to me they have earned the right to be a little arrogant. I would never dispute that. However if you think that you are gonna run all over this bunch from Martin County you are sadly mistaken. This is gonna be a hard fought physical football game and the score at the end will not be 45 - 12.

Read some of the earlier posts......the last time these two teams played the score did not reflect the closeness of the game. Belfry is the two-time defending state champion....it would seem to me they have earned the right to be a little arrogant. I would never dispute that. However if you think that you are gonna run all over this bunch from Martin County you are sadly mistaken. This is gonna be a hard fought physical football game and the score at the end will not be 45 - 12.

Very well said kybigguy :thumb:

GOOD LUCK CARDS!GOOD LUCK CARDS!