NKMSBL Week of 11/15/2010

stinkyboy II

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gray 7th Grade beat Walton Verona today 48-42 led by Thad Moss' 22 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 steals, and 4 assists. Gray jumped out to a 15-10 first quarter lead but WV rallied in the second, led by some very good guard play, to grab a 22-21 halftime lead. WV increased that margin to 35-31 entering the fourth but Moss picked up his pace in the final stanza by blocking another shot, coming up with a couple of steals, and adding 8 points as the Gators outscored WV by 17-7 for the final 6 point margin. Gray also got a couple of big 3's to fuel the comeback.

Gray 7th Grade beat Walton Verona today 48-42 led by Thad Moss' 22 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 steals, and 4 assists. Gray jumped out to a 15-10 first quarter lead but WV rallied in the second, led by some very good guard play, to grab a 22-21 halftime lead. WV increased that margin to 35-31 entering the fourth but Moss picked up his pace in the final stanza by blocking another shot, coming up with a couple of steals, and adding 8 points as the Gators outscored WV by 17-7 for the final 6 point margin. Gray also got a couple of big 3's to fuel the comeback.

It was a very entertaining game to watch. Congrats to Gray they played hard and made some big plays down the stretch.

I think people need to look out for Beechwood's 7th grade. They are an unknown as they didn't have a 6th grade team last year. They will beat a lot of teams. I heard they beat Gray last week..

I believe Beechwood beat Gray's 7th grade, also, but the Gators were without Moss for that game. Gray girls 6th and 7th crushed WV girls, but WV 8th grade girls returned the favor. 6th grade Gray boys won, 8th grade WV boys won.

Very nice recap. Curious, do you keep stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals, etc. for all the kids or just for Moss.

I understand Blessed Sac has the Heppler kid who must be a very good player but a small Catholic school with limited draw of players sweeping the Birds is a little concerning if I am a Bluebird fan. Could this be chalked up as just early season rust for the Birds or is the talent there?

Sixth grade team in a for a long season. Seventh grade team will be fine. They have a solid first group, new coach trying to figure out rotation and philosophy. Eighth grade team has enough individual talent that needs to sort itself out. Too many kids that need the ball in hand to make something happen. Once these kids figure out how to move without the ball and make the extra pass they will be way more successful.

I have characterized this 8th grade HMS team as a smallish group that has trouble with any team with size. As they move forward into their high school years they will be fine. There is plenty of size in the HHS frosh group, and the 7th grade group has a couple of nice bigs. HMS 8th grade fans will just have to live with the size mismatches the next two years until the boys get some help from the grades above and below.

How is it that this Moss goes to Gray and his sister goes to Boone??