NKMSBL Week of 11/15/2010

stinkyboy II

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing that BC played in the Lloyd Pre-Season Tourney and that is where they played them? Don't know for sure though..

It is my understanding that since Newport does not have a 6th grade team, Bracken County is playing their schedule at the 6th grade level. Bracken's 6th grade team will play followed by Newport's 7th and 8th grade teams.

It is my understanding that since Newport does not have a 6th grade team, Bracken County is playing their schedule at the 6th grade level. Bracken's 6th grade team will play followed by Newport's 7th and 8th grade teams.

Oh..didn not know that..

Very nice recap. Curious, do you keep stats of points, rebounds, assists, steals, etc. for all the kids or just for Moss.

Just the Moss kids! Something I started back when Sydney was about 7 and on her first AAU team and it was difficult to even keep up with the running score much less individual stuff. I've always been a stat person and that first AAU game on the back of an envelope eventually led to a form that makes it relatively easy to keep stats.

I've got a stack of them that I really need to organize. Some day way down the road the kids will look at those and it will bring back memories from past games..........and maybe even some about the person who did those stats! I've got a bunch that my Dad kept when I played and I get them out ever so often and reminisce.

Back when my daughter played HS BB I used to keep stats for the entire team, and used those to do a column for our local weekly newspaper. But doing that doesn't allow you much time to really watch and enjoy the game so I now just do the individual thing.

Am confused, so Bracken County is in a 6th grade league or not?

Gray 7th Grade beat Walton Verona today 48-42 led by Thad Moss' 22 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks, 5 steals, and 4 assists. Gray jumped out to a 15-10 first quarter lead but WV rallied in the second, led by some very good guard play, to grab a 22-21 halftime lead. WV increased that margin to 35-31 entering the fourth but Moss picked up his pace in the final stanza by blocking another shot, coming up with a couple of steals, and adding 8 points as the Gators outscored WV by 17-7 for the final 6 point margin. Gray also got a couple of big 3's to fuel the comeback.

I know that Owen Co is not in this league but I thought some might find it interesting that Owen Co's 7th grade beat Walton Verona by over 20 pts. Owen County was led by 6'2" Carson Williams, Thad Moss' AAU teammate. When those 2 get back together they will be hard to stop.