Game time Weather!

Alabama Larry

Right now we have temps in the mid to upper 60s, but on Friday and only on Friday the high might be in the upper 40s. Then back into the 60s next wekk. I'm from the south and I hate cold weather. I hate sitting in a game cold. I wear as much material I can.

You might ask, why are you living here? Family, and thats a great reason, but I still have to deal with the cold stuff. There are several games I want to see, but I don't know. And I feel most of us feel the same way. The players too. I started a thread about my son playing and how Hot it was, and we had record temperatures, and I knew this time was coming, but 40s for a high and back to 60?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a rule when I played football that I could only select one or the other extremes to complain about. I chose the hot weather. Even in Kentucky we rarely have too many unbearably cold type situations through the first week in December. Not saying they do not occur, but if you are playing it is not that bad.

Agreed. Hot weather is not a problem. But Cold weather is a whole different thing (Especially when sitting in the stands...) Hopefully an exciting game will help keep the mind off the weather.

GRC/Campbell County weather at kickoff (as of this post) is 30% chance of rain/snow showers - Temp in the 30's. Of course all is subject to change in the next 48 hours

I hate being hot much more so than being cold. The rule of thumb goes like this: You can always put more clothes on, but you can only take so much off before there's nothing left.

I swear, I tell people the exact same thing.

I actually love the cold. I don't think I'd like it to be around zero by any means, but I am much more comfortable in cold weather. About the only thing that bothers me is my hands, because I've yet to find a good pair of gloves I can work a camera with in the cold.

Agreed. Hot weather is not a problem. But Cold weather is a whole different thing (Especially when sitting in the stands...) Hopefully an exciting game will help keep the mind off the weather.

GRC/Campbell County weather at kickoff (as of this post) is 30% chance of rain/snow showers - Temp in the 30's. Of course all is subject to change in the next 48 hours

I do not do well in cold weather, I freeze in the middle of the summer weather....:D I will be drinking lots of hot coffee at at the game Friday, wrapped up in several blankets, 3 pair of socks, LOTs of layers of clothing, ear muffs and my red fuzzy hat...:lol:

My feet! How many socks you can wear and I have hunters socks? In my fifties and I know why older retirees go south. One thing of my complaint is how the temps go up after friday nite. I worked outside with the railroad and still have some gear I got from them. Don't sit on bleachers, have a seat.

Thanks for not telling me to move to Alabama..:walk:

I do not do well in cold weather, I freeze in the middle of the summer weather....:D I will be drinking lots of hot coffee at at the game Friday, wrapped up in several blankets, 3 pair of socks, LOTs of layers of clothing, ear muffs and my red fuzzy hat...:lol:

I have some great cold weather stuff.............. I hate being cold, but can bear with it. As long as it isn't raining................. Snow is ok though.

I am keeping fingers crossed for a clear night (even if it is cold).

I won't be able to watch any high school games this week since I'm working the GLVC men's and women's soccer tournament semifinals...this is the first year that one school has ever hosted both semifinals (NKU is the #2 men's seed and is hosting cause the #1 team was eliminated last week while the women's team is the #1 seed).

The first game is a women's semifinal at noon, then a men's semifinal at 2:30 p.m., then NKU's women play at 5 p.m. and finally the NKU men's team plays at 7:30 p.m.

I say all of this cause I'm the person down on the field that tracks substitutions and will be out in the cold from about 11:45 a.m. until at least 9:30 p.m. barring any mayches going into overtime or PKs which would make it an even longer day. So about 10 hours in the cold working four college soccer matches isn't gonna be fun...the only concession to it all is that I'm paid hourly instead of by the game...lol.