Giants win the World Series

That was anything but boring. Funny, we hear how baseball needs a salary cap and it's only the Red Sox and Yankees...etc. We get two different teams in the WS with only a couple of big name players...and it's boring.

I love how the Giants put together a team of has-been's and never-will-be's and pulled off the W. Two rookies with Bumgarner and Posey, a couple of guys everyone thought was washed up: Burrell, Renteria, Uribe; a couple of "average Joe's": Huff, Ross, Torres...etc.

Fun series to watch, IMO. Loved the pitching matchups.

:thumb:

And just goes to show again that all you need to do is make it and anything can happen.

That was anything but boring. Funny, we hear how baseball needs a salary cap and it's only the Red Sox and Yankees...etc. We get two different teams in the WS with only a couple of big name players...and it's boring.

I love how the Giants put together a team of has-been's and never-will-be's and pulled off the W. Two rookies with Bumgarner and Posey, a couple of guys everyone thought was washed up: Burrell, Renteria, Uribe; a couple of "average Joe's": Huff, Ross, Torres...etc.

Fun series to watch, IMO. Loved the pitching matchups.

People say they want parity, but I do not buy it. People need the Goliath to knock off and root against. The NCAA basketball final was captivating because Butler was taking on Duke. Many or most people were rooting for or against Duke and not necessarily for Butler. Had Butler been playing Weber State, nobody would have tuned in no matter how well the game was played.

In 5 years we will not be able to name more than 2 of the everyday 8 of this Giants team.

That's a compliment.

Freddy Sanchez won a batting title in Pittsburgh, right? Edgar Renteria has had a great career. Buster Posey is the best young pitcher in the game. Cody Ross had an unforgettable run in the playoffs. Sandoval & Huff are both solid at the corners.