Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Russell the only team allowed to play up

Featured Replies

Per Jason Frakes

 

The Board of Control vote to allow several changes to the original proposal:

 

* Butler County from District Three to District Two in Class 2-A.

* Leslie County from District Seven to District Eight in Class 2-A.

* Russell from Class 2-A, District Eight to Class 3-A, District Six.

* Western Hills from District Three to District Five in Class 3-A.

* Anderson County from District Four to District Six in Class 5-A.

* Simon Kenton from District Seven to District Six in Class 6-A.

* Paul Dunbar from District Two to District Seven in Class 6-A.

 

 

LINK

Why do they continue to want 4 team districts? Using 5A as an example: They moved Anderson County from Dist. 4 (which had 5 teams ) to Dist. 6 (which already had 5 teams). Now Dist. 4 has 4 teams and Dist. 6 has SIX teams.

Well... so much for a Prestonsburg/Russell district rivalry. We get Leslie Co. (again), instead.

 

District 8 - Betsy Layne, Leslie County, Prestonsburg, Shelby Valley... Why bother with a district at ALL ?!? Talk about a competitive imbalance !! I remember the "running the score up" accusations aimed at the Blackcats when the district consisted of these same teams not long ago...

:ohbrother:

 

 

:irked:

Yeah & if i remember correctly the last time P'burg played Betsy Layne the JV outscored there varsity in the 2nd half. I was looking forward to the P'burg vs Russell each year.

I think P'burg JV could possibly beat Betsy Layne Varsity now.

What about Bell Co.?

 

What about them? They are playing in the west. That is about all that you can say.

Why do they continue to want 4 team districts? Using 5A as an example: They moved Anderson County from Dist. 4 (which had 5 teams ) to Dist. 6 (which already had 5 teams). Now Dist. 4 has 4 teams and Dist. 6 has SIX teams.

 

It is the same now with Russell that makes 2A dist. 8 with 4 teams and 3A dist. 6 with now 6 teams.

I think this hurts West Carter, East Carter, and Lewis County the most. Also Fleming if they have teams like this year. Has anyone heard what these schools think?

I think this hurts West Carter, East Carter, and Lewis County the most. Also Fleming if they have teams like this year. Has anyone heard what these schools think?

 

I'm sure some are disappointed, but I like that Russell is staying in the district. On most years Russell is a pretty good test for those teams, and their program gives the less prestigious programs in the district something to shoot for. Simply making the playoffs is a hollow goal to me, once a team has done it a few times. Teams like West, East, and Lewis need to be challenged so their programs can get better and better I think. That district without Russell just would not be the same.

I'm sure some are disappointed, but I like that Russell is staying in the district. On most years Russell is a pretty good test for those teams, and their program gives the less prestigious programs in the district something to shoot for. Simply making the playoffs is a hollow goal to me, once a team has done it a few times. Teams like West, East, and Lewis need to be challenged so their programs can get better and better I think. That district without Russell just would not be the same.

 

I'll go along with that. I'm not sure a 6-team district was needed (hamstrings OOD scheduling), but if a new Red-Devils-Blackcats isn't going to happen, I'm all for a continued Red Devils-Royals tradition.

Highlands is playing up.
Not in the new alignment.

Bell County dropping to 3A is a joke. The Bobcats will win year after year after year. Will be the Highlands of 3A. Congrats everyone in 3A, you are playing for Second Place

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.