Danville @ Bardstown Predictions

RebelBred

Ok, I qualify my previous prediction slightly. IF (and that's a big IF) Danville decides to use both pages of their offensive playbook, they could pull this one out. Against HC, Danville ran the same doomed plays the entire game.Then, in OT they utilized the wishbone set, and had much success with it. HC was quick. And Bardstown will be quick. A little misdirection will come in handy in Friday's game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you people understand? It is a track meet with equipment and a ball. I'm sure Danville has their share, but Bardstown has 5-6 kids (or more?) that appear to run 4.5's. We are talking about the back to back state track champs and none of them have graduated! They aren't great up front and they do struggle between the tackles. Defensively..it is a track meet with blitzing and machoing. How long has it been since Danville has traveled in the play-offs?

Danville has plenty of speed at their skill positions as well. Speed isn't the difference in these teams. It will be won up front, and by the team that makes the fewest mistakes (ie turnovers). Danville has to travel every other for the playoffs. Two years ago they traveled around 5 hours to Mayfield in the semi-finals and won. Bardstown is only about an hour away, and won't be that big of a factor.

Frankfort had a fast team....Frankfort had 7 yards.........hmmmm. This tells me speed is not a factor in this game. Track and football are different... you don't see 250-300 pound lineman trying to hit people running around a track. You don't have to worry about getting your head knocked off while running around a track....plus, strength or lack of could help you or hurt you once you put the pads on. I like to see "GAME" speed, not track speed!

I don't think you people understand? It is a track meet with equipment and a ball. I'm sure Danville has their share, but Bardstown has 5-6 kids (or more?) that appear to run 4.5's. We are talking about the back to back state track champs and none of them have graduated! They aren't great up front and they do struggle between the tackles. Defensively..it is a track meet with blitzing and machoing. How long has it been since Danville has traveled in the play-offs?

I think you've pointed out the possible difference maker in the Ads favor. You said Bardstown isn't much up front or between the tackles. Danville is.

As I said when Frankfort touted their speed (and I'm sure Bardstown is faster) it doesn't matter if you can run 4.5 if there's a DL in your face before you can get up field. The game will be won or lost in the trenches.

Danville just needs to come out and deliver the big hit early. Bardstown has not had to fight like they are gonna have to come friday night. Danville has been down to the wire and knows how to dig down deep. If Danville tackles really well then i see the Ads rollin. Bardstown is fast, but Danville has speed too. Bardstown is little up front. They may have had 9 shutouts or something like that, but not friday. I see Danville putting up thier points. Holy Cross was only giving up like 70 yards on the ground. The Ads had about 250. They just know how to win. Tradition doesn't graduate.

I hope Danville wins cause I have enjoyed the Mayfield-Danville games of the past and they have to drive down to good ol' War Memorial this year which makes it even better. You couldn't find a classier set of fans and team as the Ads, good luck guys!!

Thanks, GoBigRed for the compliment. The Danville fans feel the same about Mayfield. You always show a lot of class. I hope both teams can take care of business Friday night so I can make the drive to Mayfield next week. Good luck.

Danville was down at the half to Somerset 26-6 at Somerset,and came back to win that one 42-26. The ADs were down to Holy cross last week 14-0 at the half,and came back to win that one in triple OT.What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger! I know Bardstown has one heck of a team this year! Good luck to both teams! I got to go with the ADmirals...

Danville ?

Bardstown ? ;)