Saint Xavier (OH) 17 Trinity 10

rockmom

T scores first , highlighted y a 50+ run by Bishop. X counters when Hundley, seemingly ready to be put down, breaks free and goes 91 yards for a TD. Half ends 7-7. X receives 2nd half kick-off and puts together a 16-play, 80 yd, drive to go up 14-7. X then adds a 46 yd FG in the 4th after a 15- yd T punt to lead, 17-7.

T answers with a 38 yd (approx,.) FG to trail, 17-10. T drives into X territory , to about the 35-40, and throws an int. on 3rd down with about 1 or 2 minutes left to seal their fate.

I thought T answered the bell fairly well against a strong X team. X was the better team tonight......by about 7 points.

I thought Elder was big and fast. Wow! Big, fast and strong. Bringing guys down with one arm. They hit our receivers hard. Conner Hunley is the strongest running back I've seen since Shaun Alexander. Not as fast but just as strong.

Trinity played very tough on D. Moved the ball on offense. St. X D was so stingy inside the 30. Trinity receivers just couldn't get loose.

Trinity gained a lot of experience tonight. This game will serve them well.

Quite a different game than when these two met last year. Trinity represented themselves (and KY prep football) well tonight. If one or two plays had gone a bit differently, then who knows what would have happened...

Congrats to Cincy St. X for the win and to Trinity for the hard-fought game. What was the crowd size?

I said in the predictions thread that Hundley would be the difference for X.

That kid is an absolute bus. Scary to think he'll be back again next year. Having talked to Specht many times over the past 2 years, Connor is simply a kid that busts his tail everyday both on and off the field. He's a horse and takes pride in being the one that delivers the blow instead of being on the receiving side.

T, for all of their youth and "inexperience", sure did represent KY football well though. Look for the Rocks to add #20 this year.

8500 was the official attendance from the Trinity SID

Since the stadium only seats 4,800 total people, that's 3,700 standing...amazing. Just out of curiosity, what constitutes a sellout? Is there some kind of legal or insurance limit on the number of tickets you can sell? Is the limit connected at all with the stadium's seating capacity? :confused:

Since the stadium only seats 4,800 total people, that's 3,700 standing...amazing. Just out of curiosity, what constitutes a sellout? Is there some kind of legal or insurance limit on the number of tickets you can sell? Is the limit connected at all with the stadium's seating capacity? :confused:

Not sure on the limits question. I would guess most of the students/girls never see one minute of the game rather they are socializing behind the stands and in the end zone area the whole game.