Covington Catholic 44 Dixie Heights 14 (Frosh)

Theoldguy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clyde just posting what is on the CovCath web site. Link

And as per the web site, CovCath vs. HHS is being played at CovCath.

I saw that . Not sure why it's listed that way. No way we can host a game starting at 8.

The bigger question is why would we have Lloyd on the schedule?

I saw that . Not sure why it's listed that way. No way we can host a game starting at 8.

The bigger question is why would we have Lloyd on the schedule?

That is my question. If you had an open date why not play one of the big boys? Maybe someone from the GCL or another good D1 program..

Today, the sun sets at 7:43 PM. On OCT 6th, it will set at 7:13 PM. I'm not sure how you can schedule a 6:00 PM game without lights. I guess we will see.

Sorry everyone--that was a mistake on the web-site. The Lloyd game starts at 6:00 pm. There was an ending time of 8:00 accidentally posted. It has been corrected on the site. Also-there is a good chance that the remaining freshman games at CCH will start at 5:30.

HHS will beat them by 3tds..This team is scarey good!!! The best frosh team I have seen..The Baby Birds have 6 legit running backs. A huge mobile line and a very good recieving corp..The defense is also very very good..

I am new to this area, so help me understand something. Obviously, Highlands is much better than the other teams in Northern Ky, so why don't they play teams like Moeller, Colerain, Lasalle, etc.?? I would LOVE to see HHS play Lasalle or Colerain. Really, it must get extremely boring playing teams so beneath your talent level.

touche', assume you were there and watched it. As you know that could have gone either way. As an X man I was very proud of our effort for a first gamer. Not taking anything away from Highlands, as they are very talented and athetic. That was as good a Freshman game as one could expect.

I dont think so. I think he is just answering your question stating a fact. Dont drag HHS into the ole "Weak Schedule" debate or CovCath for that matter. Highlands is very limited as to who they can schedule for obvious reasons, both at the Frosh level and Varsity. CovCath on the other hand typically schedules OH teams and occassionaly Lou teams simply because of weakness of local teams. Yes, the Frosh game between HHS and St X could have gone either way this yr but it didnt. Lets twist this just a bit. I give credit to X for stepping up and coming to Ft Thomas to play this yr and strenghting their schedule. I hope it continues and hopefully some Varsity games can come about in the very near future. LOL Go Birds 20n10

I am new to this area, so help me understand something. Obviously, Highlands is much better than the other teams in Northern Ky, so why don't they play teams like Moeller, Colerain, Lasalle, etc.?? I would LOVE to see HHS play Lasalle or Colerain. Really, it must get extremely boring playing teams so beneath your talent level.

I dont buy that you are new to this rival, maybe to the area but not the rival. I think what you really mean is there is nothing you would rather see then Highlands get beat week in an week out. HHS is deep enough to pull one or maybe two out of the hat each yr but no way could they play the strong Cinti schedule every week. Nobody in KY could for that matter. Period. Maybe in 10 mores yrs at Highlands but not just yet. Besides, if you want to win Frosh Championships then you have to play mandatory games which I believe is like all 7 or 8 teams in order to win the NKAC Frosh Championship. At the Varsity level, its not as many teams in the district, for Highlands its 3 with 7 fill ins. One went to Cinti Withrow, one to Lou Eastern, one to Lou Manual (who by the way plays the toughest schedule in the Midwest) two to Ryle who imo is the best 6A team in NKY, one to Beechwood (top notch A program) and finally Boone Cty 6A. Go Birds 20n10

I would love for CovCath to get their football program back on top. It is always a lot more fun when the Colonels give the Birds a game...

Good try! LOL!!!

Anyway so that the Empire doesn't get all unraveled, is Dixie down this year or is CCH really that good? Knowing some of the blue Colonels, I would lean to side of them being that good.