Covington Catholic 44 Dixie Heights 14 (Frosh)

Theoldguy

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your babies against our young men!

It should be a rather good game at CovCath on Oct 6th @ 6pm.

OG, you have talking about this group of Blueboys since they were 6th graders. I think you just might be right on this one. I hear they are very, very good, I have some friends over in the Park Hills area that talk about the old days and this class bringing the Spirit back to Saturday afternoons in Park Hills. Should be a great game. Go Birds (I wont do it, just for you) LOL

OG, you have talking about this group of Blueboys since they were 6th graders. I think you just might be right on this one. I hear they are very, very good, I have some friends over in the Park Hills area that talk about the old days and this class bringing the Spirit back to Saturday afternoons in Park Hills. Should be a great game. Go Birds (I wont do it, just for you) LOL

I have enjoyed watching these young boys, turn into young men that represent CovCath very well, not only on the field but in the classroom, which I think is even more important!

I am not going to predict a victory, but like last year frosh game, it will be a good game and a close game, and one that will make both teams better for playing it!

Since it will be a weekday game that starts at 6pm, I am hoping that CovCath Internet Radio will broadcast the game live, as I think a lot of football fans be they HHS or CovCath fans or just HS football fans in general, would love to attend or at least listen to the game live!

Of course I would like to warn both teams, not to look ahead to this game, as both I am sure have at least two more games prior to this one!

Sounds like the CCH frosh are playing very well this season. What is their record (and who have they played) to-date?

Also, could it be that HHS and CCH meet in the frosh title game, or are they on the same side of the bracket, so to speak (as there really aren't brackets, given that the playoffs only consist of one NKY frosh title game)?

Sounds like the CCH frosh are playing very well this season. What is their record (and who have they played) to-date?

Also, could it be that HHS and CCH meet in the frosh title game, or are they on the same side of the bracket, so to speak (as there really aren't brackets, given that the playoffs only consist of one NKY frosh title game)?

CovCath is 3-0 with wins over:

Cooper 49-19

Conner 41-12

Dixie 44-14

CovCath next game is against Lloyd on Wednesday the 22nd of September and if I am reading the CovCath schedule correctly, it looks like there will be two games one at 6pm and then one at 8pm!

just a question from a louisville area fan. Do either of you (Cov Cath or Highlands) schedule 2-3 games against Cincinnati Teams ? Seems to me this is really the only true measure of how you will look in 2-3 years. Same here in Louisville. So far X and Trinity Frosh are smoking every other school.

just a question from a louisville area fan. Do either of you (Cov Cath or Highlands) schedule 2-3 games against Cincinnati Teams ? Seems to me this is really the only true measure of how you will look in 2-3 years. Same here in Louisville. So far X and Trinity Frosh are smoking every other school.
Well, not every school, since the Highlands frosh defeated the Louisville St. X frosh in the first game of this season. :D

I don't know about the CovCath frosh, but the Highlands frosh only play against KY teams this season.

Well, not every school, since the Highlands frosh defeated the Louisville St. X frosh in the first game of this season. :D

I don't know about the CovCath frosh, but the Highlands frosh only play against KY teams this season.

touche', assume you were there and watched it. As you know that could have gone either way. As an X man I was very proud of our effort for a first gamer. Not taking anything away from Highlands, as they are very talented and athetic. That was as good a Freshman game as one could expect.