Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic vs Campbell County Predictions

Featured Replies

Newcath travels to Campbell Co Friday night for a match up with the Camels.

 

Thoughts?

I hope not but I'm afraid the Camels will lose by a pretty good margin. I say NCC 35-Camels 14.

Yes it seems like Campbell is in somewhat of a disheveled mode.....................NCC looking like it is adjusting to the Eviston system just fine.

In no way, shape ,or form should NCC be able to compete with Campbell County. CC has 750 boys to NCC's 215. CC draws the lions share of the kids from the Red Devil program, NCC gets a few. CC has good facilities, NCC's are meager. Why is this even a game?

I pick NCC by 2-3 TDs

In no way, shape ,or form should NCC be able to compete with Campbell County. CC has 750 boys to NCC's 215. CC draws the lions share of the kids from the Red Devil program, NCC gets a few. CC has good facilities, NCC's are meager. Why is this even a game?

I pick NCC by 2-3 TDs

 

Discipline. Campbell Co. has a lot of good to great athletes just walking the halls of Campbell Co. waiting for the next party. Others have been turned off by the win at all cost mentality of the NKYFL and their inability to get on the field as younger players. Either way, it's a culture thing and I feel really bad for the student athletes that have been working hard all off season and at the beginning of this year b/c that is a tough thing to change. Make no mistake, CC has the facilities, athletes, and resources to be good. Hopefully their youth system takes off. Until then, they need to get more kids out of the field party and into the locker room.

I will agree with everything especially the NKYFL issue. From the time a player is 7/8 years old they are in a situation that is not for development but for winning no matter what. However..........that being said Dixie, Beechwood, etc also have to deal with the NKYFL issue and it has not seemed to ake them perennial losers. Campbell County has been for a long time, and looking to continue to be the big underachievers in Northern Ky. (across the board in athletics and yes I realize they have had some successes in some sports).

I really thought Campbell would take it up a notch this year. Last year they had the offense, much of which is back, but no defense. Had to think there'd be an improvement there. After last week's shellacking at the hands of CCH, it hard to say what Campbell has. Maybe it's just that CCH is a pretty darn good team, but I suspect it could be a long year again for Campbell. NCC will score frequently in this game.

Discipline. Campbell Co. has a lot of good to great athletes just walking the halls of Campbell Co. waiting for the next party. Others have been turned off by the win at all cost mentality of the NKYFL and their inability to get on the field as younger players. Either way, it's a culture thing and I feel really bad for the student athletes that have been working hard all off season and at the beginning of this year b/c that is a tough thing to change. Make no mistake, CC has the facilities, athletes, and resources to be good. Hopefully their youth system takes off. Until then, they need to get more kids out of the field party and into the locker room.

 

Welcome to today's youth! Great post. I think there's alot of schools in this postion.

I hope not but I'm afraid the Camels will lose by a pretty good margin. I say NCC 35-Camels 14.

 

I'm finding it difficult to locate another win on the schedule this year......

NewCath by 24

Discipline. Campbell Co. has a lot of good to great athletes just walking the halls of Campbell Co. waiting for the next party. Others have been turned off by the win at all cost mentality of the NKYFL and their inability to get on the field as younger players. Either way, it's a culture thing and I feel really bad for the student athletes that have been working hard all off season and at the beginning of this year b/c that is a tough thing to change. Make no mistake, CC has the facilities, athletes, and resources to be good. Hopefully their youth system takes off. Until then, they need to get more kids out of the field party and into the locker room.
When you take the same coaches that were turning kids away when they were younger and let the same coaches coach at the high school they will attend does not make any sense to me, no wonder kids quit playing and the ones who's parent give the option to leave go else where. When will it ever end.

When players are 7-8 in ANY sport the emphasis should be on teaching the game and letting everyone participate. I'm not from Ft. Thomas, but the way they run their youth league is how it should be done. The 1st team plays the 1st quarter, 2nd team the second, they split the 3rd quarter and play whoever they want in the 4th quarter. This way EVERYONE plays at least 1 1/2 quarters every game. This gives every player a chance to shine.

  • Author

Newcath should control this game with their rushing attack of Hightchew, Kelly, Cain, and Hayes.

 

Look for the Breds to score early and often.

I am hoping the Camels can get things figured out for this week and pull out the win.

 

Just wanted to mention, before the game tomorrow evening there will be a dedication to Woody Johnson.

Talked to a coach from an opposing team last night and he told me that the Isler(sp) kid from NCC that plays O-line and DE was the best player they had played this year and that included the team from Ft. Thomas :eek: I hope the Camels come ready to play and can protect Kramer.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.