Highlands 2010/2011

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intrasquad scrimmages are this Saturday and next then its onto the SK scrimmage on the 20th. They go down to North Laurel for a scrimmage on the night before Thanksgiving for their final one before opening the season on Dec 10th against St. Henry at home.

Who played in the intrasquad scrimmage? By my count of the names listed above, there are less than 10 non-footballers on the team.

SK beat Highlands!

Yes they did win the scrimmage but keep in mind Highlands had no Jack Stewart, no Pat Towles as well as 4 other kids still playing football which SK will no longer be doing. I know SK didn't have Chambers but wasn't very impressed with them at this stage. Birds played 3 of the 4 qtrs very well and didn't play well in the 2nd.

TAC I wrote a limited review in the Sorrell Scrimmage thread.

Yes they did win the scrimmage but keep in mind Highlands had no Jack Stewart, no Pat Towles as well as 4 other kids still playing football which SK will no longer be doing. I know SK didn't have Chambers but wasn't very impressed with them at this stage. Birds played 3 of the 4 qtrs very well and didn't play well in the 2nd.

He has to try and hang his hat on something now that his beloved football team is out of contention. Is it true that the Birds only have 10 players at practice for both the JV and Varsity? How many football players are expected to join the team? I have heard various rumors that Towles, Bruns and/or New were not going to try out. If that happens it will be a long year in Bird land and may just be a sign of things to come in the future. Something needs to be done to keep the multi-sport athletes coming out for the basketball team. I know they have Dean and Lewis from the soccer team and True so far for the football team. Any others?

SK was missing at least 5 players as well.

Highlands scrimmaged North laurel today. I understand they won the first half 37-36 and North Laurel took the 2nd half by 3 pts. Tough shooting day for the Birds but Ryan Egan poured in 20 pts for the Birds who were still without Jack Stewart's services. Next up for the Birds is the season opener vs St. Henry. I dont think the Cru will have any answers for 6'7 Stewart and 6'5 Frosh newcomer Nick True down low on the block.