• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sr's-Stew,Crowley,Dean and Egan

Jrs-Bruns,New,Towles,Lewis

Sphs-Witte,Turner,McCoy,Collinsworth,Hinkle,Gronotte,Carter

Frosh-Nick True

These are kids that were on roster last year and most played this summer outside of Bruns who was nursing an injury and Towles who was at QB camps.

Sr's-Stew,Crowley,Dean and Egan

Jrs-Bruns,New,Towles,Lewis

Sphs-Witte,Turner,McCoy,Collinsworth,Hinkle,Gronotte,Carter

Frosh-Nick True

These are kids that were on roster last year and most played this summer outside of Bruns who was nursing an injury and Towles who was at QB camps.

6 footballers on the Birds basketball team is a huge help to the program. Not only are those kids athletic, but they also bring toughness to the team.

Can still remember Ryan Ball and those 20 inch guns jacking up 3's and bringing the ball up the court. :lol:

6 footballers on the Birds basketball team is a huge help to the program. Not only are those kids athletic, but they also bring toughness to the team.

Can still remember Ryan Ball and those 20 inch guns jacking up 3's and bringing the ball up the court. :lol:

Footballers are New,Towles,Bruns, McCoy, Turner, Collinsworth and Nick True so actually 7. They will definitely bring some physicality to the court. Towles is 6'5 and very solid in the post, Bruns is an athlete, New is tough as nails out front, McCoy will run through a wall and can score. Nick True might be the most improved in the last 12 months, he had a nice summer battling Bigs at Oak Hills, Anderson, Centerville, etc. Turner is nursing a wrist injury but should be ready once football is over and Collinsworth should be ready to suit up as well.

Bringing these guys in with the solid core they have working together right now should be fun to watch. I also think they will be a team that plays a very tough schedule and will be ready come tournament time.

Guest Birdflu
Footballers are New,Towles,Bruns, McCoy, Turner, Collinsworth and Nick True so actually 7. They will definitely bring some physicality to the court. Towles is 6'5 and very solid in the post, Bruns is an athlete, New is tough as nails out front, McCoy will run through a wall and can score. Nick True might be the most improved in the last 12 months, he had a nice summer battling Bigs at Oak Hills, Anderson, Centerville, etc. Turner is nursing a wrist injury but should be ready once football is over and Collinsworth should be ready to suit up as well.

Bringing these guys in with the solid core they have working together right now should be fun to watch. I also think they will be a team that plays a very tough schedule and will be ready come tournament time.

I am assuming, from your post, that Collinsworth will be able to play basketball. Will he be able to play football again?

• 2 weeks later...
Towles will play the 5 and Stewart will be at the 4.

That is what I am hearing as well. Coach wants Stew facing the basket and he can consistently knock down the 12 foot J so that is a good move. Towles has skills around the basket and will likely have Nick True the 6'5 Freshman spelling him at the 5 spot.

I hear Egan has dropped like 15 lbs and is in excellent shape as well. This will help improve his quickness and defense.

Intrasquad scrimmages are this Saturday and next then its onto the SK scrimmage on the 20th. They go down to North Laurel for a scrimmage on the night before Thanksgiving for their final one before opening the season on Dec 10th against St. Henry at home.

• 2 weeks later...
That is what I am hearing as well. Coach wants Stew facing the basket and he can consistently knock down the 12 foot J so that is a good move. Towles has skills around the basket and will likely have Nick True the 6'5 Freshman spelling him at the 5 spot.

I hear Egan has dropped like 15 lbs and is in excellent shape as well. This will help improve his quickness and defense.

Intrasquad scrimmages are this Saturday and next then its onto the SK scrimmage on the 20th. They go down to North Laurel for a scrimmage on the night before Thanksgiving for their final one before opening the season on Dec 10th against St. Henry at home.

Isn't that a little late for starting the season? Most teams start the last day or so of November or that first week of December. (1st-4th)