Greenup County 60 Raceland 34

PureFan

In another thread I made the prediction that the rumor was Copley wanted to win by as much as possible and not sign the contract for next year. Well, 60-34 is scoring a good amount. And, I hear there was some questions after the game about if the contract would be signed for next year.

Does anyone else question if I was right about this contract being in jeopardy?

No...I believe you are correct in your assessment, & i replied to that very question in your other thread.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all congrats to GCHS on the win you were the better team last night and deserved the victory.

Now, as for the running up a score that some have claimed I have to say that I cannot diagree with that. Leaving starters in late in the game when the game is basically over and especially when the opponet has already put subs .I also believe that is a direct reflection on the GC coach and not the kids. I wonder what some coaches and others may have thought if God forbid GC would have gotten a front line star player hurt by leaving them in late in the game just to win by as much as possible.. Maybe when you're a school as big as GC and have lost 6 of the last 8 to a small class A school it makes one feel betterf:confused:.As for anything that happened with signs, kids "trash talking" or whatever that is certainly not the first or the last time kids wil do that at any school any game and to me unless I am missing something is not a big deal.

Again, no sour grapes here,this oldrambler doesn't work that way. Congrats to the GCHS football team on the win, you were the better football team last night.

Rams......learn fron your mistakes made and work hard to get better. I fully believe that this Raceland team will get better as the season goes on.

GO RAMS!!!!!

Edited by oldrambler

Actually, your right it doesn't. The couple of players that pulled down the spirit sign along the fenceline as they ran off the field, SHOULD NOT HAVE TORN DOWN ANY SIGN, regardless of what it said. That it was in memory of a fallen teammate does make it more inflamatory. As I said above, the situation was dealt with after the game, rightly so, by the COACH. Enough Said.

The Big guy who ran for the touchdown to put the score up by 52 to 26 was number 6, Senior Michael Hampton. A first year football player and GC Basketball player.

PF and SG if this is what was happening then that is fine. I understand. But it looked like the GC teams was putting him in to show off a little. Can you see from my point of view?

In another thread I made the prediction that the rumor was Copley wanted to win by as much as possible and not sign the contract for next year. Well, 60-34 is scoring a good amount. And, I hear there was some questions after the game about if the contract would be signed for next year.

Does anyone else question if I was right about this contract being in jeopardy?

Ram,I certainly hope the series continues but then again Raceland certainly does not need a GC to make our program. Should GC want to play then that would be great, if not then that is fine with me as well and should they not want to play then I feel that our program will survive just fine without them (lol).

Just to let you know, I belive that #6 practices at running back every day. Correct me if I'm wrong but when you finally think you have a game in hand is when you work on things for future reference. I don't think that giving someone their first carry in a game that is still undecided would be very smart. Being a first year player and no game experience at running back is why #6 got his carries (3) when he did. I think the coaches may have liked what they seen and #6 may have earned a few more carries in the future. .

The guy played the whole game at another position (& three other games before this one), so I seriously doubt he lacks game experience, & it doesn't take alot of ingenuity to take a handoff in the wishbone formation against JV & Freshmen, especially at 6'6 & 250 lbs. The game was already decided when he got his carries...that was purely showboating to score another touchdown. Not to mention they already have three quality running backs, so I doubt he's in their future plans when the game is on the line except for playing on the line, which was his "normal" position. I'd say there were other younger backs that could have ran the ball instead of him.

Did he carry the ball against Russell or Notre Dame? Just curious...

Edited by The Cerebral Assassin
punctuation

Putting all the other stuff aside. I have to say the first three quarters of this game were some of the best you could ask for. 20-20 at the half, and I think it was 33-26 going into the fourth.

I agree, for a while I was saying that whoever had the football last would win.Neither teams defense could stop the other. Raceland was just worn down by a bigger, better and more experienced team.

The guy played the whole game at another position (& three other games before this one), so I seriously doubt he lacks game experience, & it doesn't take alot of ingenuity to take a handoff in the wishbone formation against JV & Freshmen, especially at 6'6 & 250 lbs. The game was already decided when he got his carries...that was purely showboating to score another touchdown. Not to mention they already have three quality running backs, so I doubt he's in their future plans when the game is on the line except for playing on the line, which was his "normal" position. I'd say there were other younger backs that could have ran the ball instead of him.

Did he carry the ball against Russell or Notre Dame? Just curious...

No caries against Russell or Notre Dame. Sorry you feel this way, but its time to move on, we both have a lot of season left. Good Luck in your district!

Torn banners, classless coach, too big a kid running it late in the game. What's next? GC sprayed Pam on their jerseys?

:thumb: I don't think I've ever heard a team that was only down 13 points with 9 minutes to go complain about their opponent running up the score by allowing a backup running back to run the ball.

Tearing down the signs/banners is unnecessary though.

Nice reply. Anything is better than your incessant crying about how you've been done wrong. Step in the right direction. Maybe you can transfer your whining over to bashing me and it will help you get over your loss to GC. Glad I can help you in the healing process. I look at it as message board community service.:walk:

Nice reply. Anything is better than your incessant crying about how you've been done wrong. Step in the right direction. Maybe you can transfer your whining over to bashing me and it will help you get over your loss to GC. Glad I can help you in the healing process. I look at it as message board community service.:walk:

I guess some of us are cryin' a little. Just wondering why a team has to score 33 points in less then eight minutes. It just so happened to be the last eight minutes. And with young running backs on the sideline they put in a stud lineman to rub it in a little. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with that! What bothers me a little, not much, but some. The fact that I notice that when you are on other threads your post evolve around sarcasm. Is that the thing to do over in Russell land. I didn't think that way with all the other Russell fans on here till U. :cry::rolleyes:

I guess some of us are cryin' a little. Just wondering why a team has to score 33 points in less then eight minutes. It just so happened to be the last eight minutes. And with young running backs on the sideline they put in a stud lineman to rub it in a little. I'm sure you wouldn't have a problem with that! What bothers me a little, not much, but some. The fact that I notice that when you are on other threads your post evolve around sarcasm. Is that the thing to do over in Russell land. I didn't think that way with all the other Russell fans on here till U. :cry::rolleyes:

I'm still curious so let me ask again: At what point should GC have pulled their starters? (score and time remaining)

All the other Russell fans. Hmm. There are three of us. So, yes, I suppose I am the sarcastic one. Out of the hundred Raceland fans on this board, by your own admission, are you the crying one? Or should I say one of the crying ones?

Here, I'll lose the sarcasm for a moment. I think the Rams demolish the Raiders this week. Now back to the sarcasm, maybe they'll be like Johnson's baby shampoo,,,,,, no more tears!!