Will Eddie Eviston be the next Mike Yeagle?

theguru

Think about it. Mike Yeagle followed Bernie Barre. Coach Barre was extremely successful and an excellent football coach. However, when Coach Yeagle took over the Tigers soared to new heights (and new transfer student heights).

Eddie Eviston is following Bob Schneider who was also extremely successful. Coach Eviston already has the Breds at the top of the BGP 2A rankings and they are the clear favorite to win 2A this year.

All things considered could Coach Eviston bring the same success to Newport that Coach Yeagle brought to Fort Mitchell?

And we will look back at this thread ten years from now and say that Guru guy is a genius. LOL :D

My only concern long-term at NC would be maintaining enrollment. Tough economies make people make tough choices and a private education might be one of those choices.

Didn't someone say that enrollment is down this year? Or that the rosters at the lower levels are very small?

Newcath does have a freshman team. They've got around 25 kids, give or take a couple.

They do?.......That number of players is better than the number I heard the other night. Someone said the number was more like 14......I'm glad to hear they have enough to field a Frosh team. I agree with Clyde for financial reasons!!!

It will be a few years before we can tell, I mean he could jump ship for a better job, or after players from old staff move on he could start to decline.

Anything is possible, but you have to know Eddie. From the time he started for the Newport Firefighter midgets, he had one goal in mind...play and QB at NewCath. I can't speak for him, but from the outside looking in, this is his dream coaching position at the high school level.

As for this thread, easy 'RU. Nothing like putting pressure on Eddie. Let's see how this year plays out. All I can say is that I know that he is very demanding and the kids have really bought into what he is selling. When you have a talented group willing to put it all on the line for a demanding coach, you have something. They will not settle for anything less than perfect. I'm excited about this year. That being said, let's look at this thread in a month. NewCath has a tough run of games coming up starting tomorrow.

mex,

I think Coach E can handle it. Besides, this thread is meant as a positive, not to pressure him.

My thinking is Coach Eviston is at the right place at the right time for something special to happen just like Coach Yeagle did at Beechwood.

Think about it. Mike Yeagle followed Bernie Barre. Coach Barre was extremely successful and an excellent football coach. However, when Coach Yeagle took over the Tigers soared to new heights (and new transfer student heights).

Eddie Eviston is following Bob Schneider who was also extremely successful. Coach Eviston already has the Breds at the top of the BGP 2A rankings and they are the clear favorite to win 2A this year.

All things considered could Coach Eviston bring the same success to Newport that Coach Yeagle brought to Fort Mitchell?

And we will look back at this thread ten years from now and say that Guru guy is a genius. LOL :D

No. He has coached, what 2 games?