Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Arena Team in NKY

Featured Replies

Here is a link to the NKY River Monsters fan page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=104965146232170

 

I didn't get a press packet at the press conference so I wasn't aware of what the helmet would look like, but I will say that although I'm not a fan of it yet (it will take some time getting used to), I can guarantee you that there is NO OTHER helmet like it in all levels of football...its kinda creepy and eerie but I get where the designer was coming from....

 

 

River monsters helmet.jpg

  • Replies 71
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whatever you guys do I beg of you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't model anything you do after the Florence Freedom...that team is one of the worst teams/organizations in a not so great league...I could give you SO many reasons why you shouldn't model anything after them but this is not the time or place for me to discuss them.
I know you had a bad experience in your involvement with them; but, from a marketing and branding standpoint, that's EXACTLY the organization they should be looking toward for ideas.
Here is a link to the NKY River Monsters fan page on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=104965146232170

 

I didn't get a press packet at the press conference so I wasn't aware of what the helmet would look like, but I will say that although I'm not a fan of it yet (it will take some time getting used to), I can guarantee you that there is NO OTHER helmet like it in all levels of football...its kinda creepy and eerie but I get where the designer was coming from....

 

 

[ATTACH]32384[/ATTACH]

 

Sorry, helmet looks goofy.

I know you had a bad experience in your involvement with them; but, from a marketing and branding standpoint, that's EXACTLY the organization they should be looking toward for ideas.

 

If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, you wouldn't say that.

If you knew what goes on behind the scenes, you wouldn't say that.
That's not the area of the organization to which I was referring.
A suggestion I have and maybe you could potentially work with MJ on this, have a College Greek night...and I wouldn't single out just the NKU Greeks...offer something to all the local colleges to have sort of a Greek-off to see which schools and genders have the best Greek organizations.

 

Could be a good idea if done on the right night. I think I could get the word spread through the NKU Greek community if this were something you wanted to do. I don't really have any connections to UC in regards to that. And neither Thomas More, nor Xavier really has Greek Life.

 

I kinda like the helmet. I think it fits with the team name very well.

[ATTACH]32381[/ATTACH]

 

 

[ATTACH]32382[/ATTACH]

 

I like both of these.

  • Author

I love the helmet I think it fits what we are looking for with arena football, fun and very different. As for all the different nights their will be plenty of those I am more focused on getting the community behind the team. We will succeed if they are their. I can't wait to get this thing going.

Just saw the press conference on Channel 9. Sounds like it's going to be awesome.

Good luck!

I'm excited for you and will probably check out a game. but if the first place Reds can only get 16,000 for a home game, it might be a tough sell. Get the NKU students involved and excited!

 

Cincinnati is a weekend city, always wil be.

Are you going to have any type of open tryouts? Also wha do the rosters of this league look like? Mainly just asking about offensive and defensive lines.

  • Author

Tryouts will be sometime in Novemeber but we are not sure exactly how many of each position we will keep. Their will be a 25 man roster with 18 dressing out for every game. If anyone has any more questions please feel free to PM me and we can talk a little more.

Any updates on the River Monsters? Concerning the roster or anything else. When does this season start?

  • Author

I haven't been on in a while but wanted to inform everyone we just signed Dominick Goodman today. We was a stud at UC and was with the Cincinnati team last year but he decided to play for us this year. Check out our website http://www.nkyrivermonsters.com for more info. I'm really excited that everything is falling into place. Season tickets will be on sale November 1st. Thanks everyone

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.