Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Arena Team in NKY

Featured Replies

I think getting faces that people know will be a huge step. I will probablly check out a game, but NKU students to get hooked on is a long shot.

  • Replies 71
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't get the NKU students to get involved with the basketball team and those are free. Do you think they'll want to get more involved with this?

 

 

I'm not sure but I don't think it would hurt to try and do whatever can be done to get them there...maybe offer drink discounts to students...that would get more of them out as I'm sure you would agree with...lol.

I'm not sure but I don't think it would hurt to try and do whatever can be done to get them there...maybe offer drink discounts to students...that would get more of them out as I'm sure you would agree with...lol.

 

Oh I would definitely agree with that. Dollar beers could get a decent turnout lol.

Jared Lorenzen has been known to play some indoor football. He's a local guy who would likely draw some fans.

The streaming link isn't working for me. Probably due to my company's firewall.

 

Anyone that's listening want to give some details???????

Actually I think as low as we can go is 7 dollars but I will always be looking for discounts for people to show. We will have different "nights" to support firemmen and policeman for example and maybe that will help with the discounts.
Take a page from the Florence Freedom's playbook: entertainment sells. Take every opportunity to have the special nights that you mentioned, as well as promotional events and giveaways. The more value you add to the experience, the better off you'll be. That's especially true while you're team is still developing its fan-base.
Jared Lorenzen has been known to play some indoor football. He's a local guy who would likely draw some fans.

 

Yeah, he might be able to do something for the organization. Go watch the press conference.:lol:

Good Luck PennStation. My son and I will be out to watch some games.

  • Author
Take a page from the Florence Freedom's playbook: entertainment sells. Take every opportunity to have the special nights that you mentioned, as well as promotional events and giveaways. The more value you add to the experience, the better off you'll be. That's especially true while you're team is still developing its fan-base.

 

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about, family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about' date=' family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.[/quote']Awesome. Good luck with it.
Yeah, he might be able to do something for the organization. Go watch the press conference.:lol:

 

Why don't you just tell me what happened?

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about' date=' family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.[/quote']

 

That's what any sporting event is about, entertainment. Most people aren't there for the game, but for the 'event.'

I think that JLo would definitely be a good option to be involved with this organization. Just read statman's facebook status, who was at the press conference that it went well. Glad to hear who the GM is.

Whatever you guys do I beg of you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't model anything you do after the Florence Freedom...that team is one of the worst teams/organizations in a not so great league...I could give you SO many reasons why you shouldn't model anything after them but this is not the time or place for me to discuss them.

 

A suggestion I have and maybe you could potentially work with MJ on this, have a College Greek night...and I wouldn't single out just the NKU Greeks...offer something to all the local colleges to have sort of a Greek-off to see which schools and genders have the best Greek organizations.

One other thing I'd like to add was that hearing Mr. Lorenzen speak got me fired up for not only the River Monsters season to start, but for football in general. I would LOVE to hear him give a pregame speech in the locker room...I bet he can get anyone pumped for a game!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.