New Arena Team in NKY

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't get the NKU students to get involved with the basketball team and those are free. Do you think they'll want to get more involved with this?

I'm not sure but I don't think it would hurt to try and do whatever can be done to get them there...maybe offer drink discounts to students...that would get more of them out as I'm sure you would agree with...lol.

I'm not sure but I don't think it would hurt to try and do whatever can be done to get them there...maybe offer drink discounts to students...that would get more of them out as I'm sure you would agree with...lol.

Oh I would definitely agree with that. Dollar beers could get a decent turnout lol.

Actually I think as low as we can go is 7 dollars but I will always be looking for discounts for people to show. We will have different "nights" to support firemmen and policeman for example and maybe that will help with the discounts.
Take a page from the Florence Freedom's playbook: entertainment sells. Take every opportunity to have the special nights that you mentioned, as well as promotional events and giveaways. The more value you add to the experience, the better off you'll be. That's especially true while you're team is still developing its fan-base.

Take a page from the Florence Freedom's playbook: entertainment sells. Take every opportunity to have the special nights that you mentioned, as well as promotional events and giveaways. The more value you add to the experience, the better off you'll be. That's especially true while you're team is still developing its fan-base.

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about, family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about' date=' family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.[/quote']Awesome. Good luck with it.

I agree completely and plan on doing that. It will be entertainment for sure. That's what arena is all about' date=' family fun and getting everyone involved. Btw I think the presser went well. Already had people ask for season tickets. That's a step in the right direction. Thanks for everyones help in getting this thing going.[/quote']

That's what any sporting event is about, entertainment. Most people aren't there for the game, but for the 'event.'

Whatever you guys do I beg of you to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't model anything you do after the Florence Freedom...that team is one of the worst teams/organizations in a not so great league...I could give you SO many reasons why you shouldn't model anything after them but this is not the time or place for me to discuss them.

A suggestion I have and maybe you could potentially work with MJ on this, have a College Greek night...and I wouldn't single out just the NKU Greeks...offer something to all the local colleges to have sort of a Greek-off to see which schools and genders have the best Greek organizations.