Mayfield/Paducah Tilghman Predictions

Who wins?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

From a sheer athletic and speed standpoint, PT probably presents Mayfield one of it's biggest challenges of the season, but, I think the Cardinals are the deeper and more seasoned team. PT tends to start the year out slow and improves throughout the season and I think if this game were in week 8 or 9, it may be a heck of a game, but, it's not and PT is still trying to find its defense and against Mayfields high octane offense, I think this one could get ugly early. Being a huge rival game, it'll likely be closer than expected, but, I still think too much Cardinal O for the Tornado to overcome.. Mfd 48 PT 14

Very good analgy! But you must feel good about this game! Good luck. And I'll take Mayfield by 30+

I do but..... this is a rival game that has produced more upsets on both sides than any other I know of. I can't tell you how many times I was sure May or PT would win and wham the upset strikes. None the less, I do like my chances

I was watching the Mayfield-Trigg game the other night and myself and most likely Trigg's coaches, players and fans were all in amazement at Mayfield's offensive stike power and crushing defense. As I watched I laughed to myself about how badly things seemed to be just a couple years ago. I recalled how some were calling for Coach Morris head and I thought about how concerned I was with the staff that was at Mayfield then and now. I still remeber how we had losts several key assistants like defensive cord. Brad Rogers and others and Coach Morris had replaced vetern assistants (the back bone of the program over the years has always been great assistants) with guys that looked so young they seemed like kids and had little experience. As I watched the Mayfield-Trigg Game I now found myself wondering why I had ever doubted Coach Morris. These same guys now longer looked like green assistants with no idea what they were doing on either side of the ball, they now looked like the bread and butter of all of Mayfield's success over the last 100 years. Just made me laugh thinking back on how many of us had doubted things only to now realize Morris knew all along what he was doing. Of course one or two bad years and it will again be Coach Morris with the 500 pound monkey on his back. Such is the nature of the beasts at Mayfield and other highly successful programs.

It's amazing how good an offense can look when you have an experienced quarterback, experienced line, and speed. Guhy throws as good a ball as anyone in the state. And it helps to have speed that runs underneath those passes.

Mayfield 34

PT 7

I do but..... this is a rival game that has produced more upsets on both sides than any other I know of. I can't tell you how many times I was sure May or PT would win and wham the upset strikes. None the less, I do like my chances

And this is why we play the game my BGP friend!!

With Tilghman's schedule they are no easy games. And Mayfield is loaded with Guhy as their leader and a kicker who can hit 40 yard field goals. I think they could beat Mayfield but I doubt if they will. This early in the season they make to many silly mistakes. For example allowing two kickoff returns for touchdowns; one in each game so far.

I was watching the Mayfield-Trigg game the other night and myself and most likely Trigg's coaches, players and fans were all in amazement at Mayfield's offensive stike power and crushing defense. As I watched I laughed to myself about how badly things seemed to be just a couple years ago. I recalled how some were calling for Coach Morris head and I thought about how concerned I was with the staff that was at Mayfield then and now. I still remeber how we had losts several key assistants like defensive cord. Brad Rogers and others and Coach Morris had replaced vetern assistants (the back bone of the program over the years has always been great assistants) with guys that looked so young they seemed like kids and had little experience. As I watched the Mayfield-Trigg Game I now found myself wondering why I had ever doubted Coach Morris. These same guys now longer looked like green assistants with no idea what they were doing on either side of the ball, they now looked like the bread and butter of all of Mayfield's success over the last 100 years. Just made me laugh thinking back on how many of us had doubted things only to now realize Morris knew all along what he was doing. Of course one or two bad years and it will again be Coach Morris with the 500 pound monkey on his back. Such is the nature of the beasts at Mayfield and other highly successful programs.

^^^^^^^^^

I love this post. I've gone through that here in eastern KY. I guess if you've been around football long enough. Your going to see it. I didn't highlite things because I'd like everyone to read it over and over. Just goes to show you that the old saying in football is true. Great coaches need great players. And great players need great coaching!! Coach Morris must be one of the best. And their must be a lot of talent in Mayfield for him to have this great program. (Great feeder system and love of the game by family/fans in Mayfield) Great job Mayfield.:notworthy: