BluegrassPreps.com/Kentucky News Network Player of the week!

theguru

BluegrassPreps.com and the Kentucky News Network are now working together to promote high school football in Kentucky.

We are currently taking nominations for the BGP/KNN player of the week! The player of the week can be from any team and is based on game performance from this weekend.

Please submit your nomination in this thread and provide as much back round/stats/information as possible from the game last week.

The winner will be announced on "The Saturday Morning High School Scoreboard Show" Hosted by Al Mayo. The show can be heard on all of these great stations:

WBRT AM-Bardstown

WCBL AM-Benton

WKXO AM-Berea

WKDZ AM/FM-Cadiz

WAIN AM/FM-Columbia

WCYN AM-Cynthiana

WEKT AM-Elkton

WKYK AM-Frankfort

WHOP AM-Hopkinsville

WIRV AM-Irvine

WTTL AM-Madisonville

WWKY FM-Madisonville

WKLB AM-Manchester

WMST AM-Mt. Sterling

WRVK AM-Mt. Vernon

WLOC AM-Munfordville

WAVJ AM-Princeton

WEKY AM-Richmond

WJRS FM-Russell Springs

WSFC AM-Somerset

WKEQ AM-Somerset

Also, from host Al Mayo:

Hey folks--it's been great using all the nominees week after week on the show, and we'll continue to use them for the foreseeable future.

I wanted to remind you of a couple things. When you nominate a player, I need his height, weight, and class designation (Freshman, Sophomore, Etc).

I also need the stats to be correct. Just telling me it looked like he ran for over a hundred yards won't do it.

Please include all pertinent numbers like carries, pass attempts, completions, yardage gained, number of tackles--you all understand what I need.

Otherwise, I have to track these numbers down. Not that I mind doing the legwork, but I normally save this part of the show for last, so I can take nominees until the last possible hour, so I just don't have the time to look it all up. I'll usually pull the information from here by Thursday afternoon, so try to have your candidates nominated by about 2:00pm Thursdays.

I couldn't be happier with the information you've all provided, and I'm looking forward to continuing our association with BGP!

:D

Al Mayo

KNN High School Scoreboard Show

Boone Co. Sophomore, Cory Farris, 6', 175 lbs., TB/QB

Led Boone Co. to a Class 4A Playoff win 38-14 over #2 Ballard

26 carries for 314 yds

3 TDs - 2 TDs rushing (2 & 53 yds), 1 TD passing 31 yds

276 yds in the first half rushing yds

Rotated quarters 3 & 4 with 2 other Boone Co. backs

1 solo tackle

I would like to nominate Newport Central Catholic senior Josh Canafax. Canafax had 4 receptions for 108 yards (including a 77 yard -YAC- for a TD), an 81 yard kick-off return and an interception in a 51-6 win over Paris.

Last week's Bluegrass Preps dot Com KNN Scoreboard Show Player of the Week was South Laurel senior WR Zack Marcum — in his first significant action after being hobbled with injuries for much of the season — he had 9 catches for 13 yards and two TDs (17, 60) A 78-yard reverse for a touchdown on South Laurel's first play from scrimmage, and also blocked a punt resulting in a safety. He also had three pass break ups on defense.

Daniel Pugh- Paintsville Junior- QB 6-1 190

Numbers against Evarts last week.

10 Total TD's (5 rushing, 4 passing, 1 PR 35 yards)

264 Yards rushing on 13 carries

292 Yards passing 14 of 18

10 Tackles

Good luck beating this performance!!!

:thumb:

Last week's Bluegrass Preps dot Com KNN Scoreboard Show Player of the Week was South Laurel senior WR Zack Marcum — in his first significant action after being hobbled with injuries for much of the season — he had 9 catches for 13 yards and two TDs (17, 60) A 78-yard reverse for a touchdown on South Laurel's first play from scrimmage, and also blocked a punt resulting in a safety. He also had three pass break ups on defense.

I don't think 13 yards is correct, probably just a typo. But can't argue with this one. He had a phenomenal comeback game and showed why he is one of the best players in the SE part of the state.