Bengals - Antonio Bryant

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://nfl-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/23938551

I say PUP him and see where he's at next year.

What say you?

I thought I read somewhere that they can't put him on the PUP list since he did practice one day. Its in a story on Bengals.com I would go link it on here, but I am about to get off of here now.

A 29-year old WR who has never been a model of consistency with a knee injury that it seems is going to keep him from playing for more than a year...I'd do whatever costs the least amount of money, whether that's settle and cut him now, or put him on the PUP list and evaluate later.

Jason LaCanfora "heard" that it was a "distinct possibility" the same place that many of us "heard" it; from Joe Reedy's blog. The Bengals are unable to put him on the PUP list because he practiced Day 1. I think they should hold out & see what happens. If you release him, you'll likely have to pay his guaranteed money (and maybe more). If he's on the roster but can't play, then it's HIS end of the bargain that is not being fulfilled. And, if he does get healthy, we'll add another quality WR to the mix.

Jason LaCanfora "heard" that it was a "distinct possibility" the same place that many of us "heard" it; from Joe Reedy's blog. The Bengals are unable to put him on the PUP list because he practiced Day 1. I think they should hold out & see what happens. If you release him, you'll likely have to pay his guaranteed money (and maybe more). If he's on the roster but can't play, then it's HIS end of the bargain that is not being fulfilled. And, if he does get healthy, we'll add another quality WR to the mix.

Whichever is cheaper...that's what I'd do. I didn't like the Bryant signing to begin with. Especially with rising star Jerome Simpson on the roster...

This is just another case of Mike Brown being a complete and total idiot. How do you sign a player that isn't healthy? Why did he practice the first practice if they knew he had a knee injury? It was their ego (specifically Brown's) to have him practice. They could have put him on the PUP list and had him train on the side fields until he was able to practice. It's just dumb move after dumb move by this team.

This is just another case of Mike Brown being a complete and total idiot. How do you sign a player that isn't healthy? Why did he practice the first practice if they knew he had a knee injury? It was their ego (specifically Brown's) to have him practice. They could have put him on the PUP list and had him train on the side fields until he was able to practice. It's just dumb move after dumb move by this team.

In Mike Brown's defense (gulp), they have done a very good job of managing the roster the past few seasons, IMO.

He tweeked his knee in OTA's. What does Mike Brown's ego have to do with him practicing? If anything Mike would want him on the PUP list.

If he got hurt in OTA's why did he practice at all? Why not leave the PUP option? IMO the reasons are he looks like an idiot b/c the national reaction was that they signed an injured player and their medical staff didn't figure it out. And he was being raked over the coals for signing TO b/c of the fact they missed the AB injury. There really was 0 reason for him to participate in one and only one practice. It was dumb. Everyone knows it.

In Mike Brown's defense (gulp), they have done a very good job of managing the roster the past few seasons, IMO.

With people that a lot of other teams aren't interested in signing because of some sort of trouble. He is a safe haven for NFL players who have issues w/ law or other behavior. He even drafts very talented troubled college players. I give him credit for figuring out he could compete that way. I still think they're a joke and would be even more of one if they didn't get lucky w/ Palmer. I love the Bengals and want them to win every game, but...

With people that a lot of other teams aren't interested in signing because of some sort of trouble. He is a safe haven for NFL players who have issues w/ law or other behavior. He even drafts very talented troubled college players. I give him credit for figuring out he could compete that way. I still think they're a joke and would be even more of one if they didn't get lucky w/ Palmer. I love the Bengals and want them to win every game, but...

If they didn't get lucky with Palmer? Palmer has been solid, but he hasn't panned out to be nearly as good of a QB as some expected.

I have absolutely loved the Bengals last two draft classes, and that includes Andre Smith. If Smith can shed some weight & get on the field, it will be great.