Bengals - Antonio Bryant

Yeah and Andre Smith really has been a huge help to this team as well hasn't he?

He was alright when he got on the field last season. It has not panned out thus far, but I still loved the pick. I thought he was the best OL in the draft. Maybe not a "sure thing", but the most talented.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they didn't get lucky with Palmer? Palmer has been solid, but he hasn't panned out to be nearly as good of a QB as some expected.

I have absolutely loved the Bengals last two draft classes, and that includes Andre Smith. If Smith can shed some weight & get on the field, it will be great.

Easy CC. If you go down that road you'll have pages and pages of excuses for why Palmer hasn't been as good as expected :lol:.

If they didn't get lucky with Palmer? Palmer has been solid, but he hasn't panned out to be nearly as good of a QB as some expected.

I have absolutely loved the Bengals last two draft classes, and that includes Andre Smith. If Smith can shed some weight & get on the field, it will be great.

He hasn't been as good as expected but he hasn't been a bust either. They drafted Akili Smith and Klingler before him. I'm just saying if the year they got the number 1 pick was a David Carr or a Jamarcus R. they could be in a lot worse shape. Therefore I think Brown got lucky.

How can you love a draft class where?: The first round pick is too fat to play or practice. The second round pick fell to them b/c of "partying" issues and he got a DUI his first year here. The 3rd round TE didn't play a snap and they had to use a 1st round pick w/ a major knee injury in his past at the same position the following year?

CC last years 4th round pick was cut recently too. I know we heard last years draft was great on paper after the draft, but it pretty much seems like a big miss to me at this point in time.

Then your only seeing what you want to see.

Smith played pretty darn well after he got healthy last year, I expect much of the same this year.

Rey Rey was a huge part of the defenses success.

Michael Johnson is having a heck of a camp/preseason and is going to be crucial to the pass rush.

Coffman will be playing this year, last year he didn't play because of injury.

Huber had a pretty darn good year for a punter last year, especially for a rookie punter.

Morgan Trent was an important cog in the great play of the secondary.

Scott was great at everything he did. Any time he was asked to do something, he did it well. He's going to have a much larger role this year.

So where exactly, outside of Luigs was this "big miss"?

Then your only seeing what you want to see.

Smith played pretty darn well after he got healthy last year, I expect much of the same this year.

Rey Rey was a huge part of the defenses success.

Michael Johnson is having a heck of a camp/preseason and is going to be crucial to the pass rush.

Coffman will be playing this year, last year he didn't play because of injury.

Huber had a pretty darn good year for a punter last year, especially for a rookie punter.

Morgan Trent was an important cog in the great play of the secondary.

Scott was great at everything he did. Any time he was asked to do something, he did it well. He's going to have a much larger role this year.

So where exactly, outside of Luigs was this "big miss"?

Maybe I'm not looking at it as a Bengals fan and I'm looking at it as a NFL fan:

Andre Smith was the number 6 overall pick and didn't make a start. He's so out of shape that he just participated in his first practice. Meanwhile a division rival drafted Oher a lot later in the draft and he started every game at tackle last year. Who would you rather have?

Maualuga fell b/c of "partying" issues along with other things. He got a DUI in January and to his credit he seems to have found God and quit drinking. He looks like he'll be a good pro, but he didn't overwhelm last year.

Johnson switched positions this offseason and looks like he may become a force. He didn't do much last year.

Coffman didn't play a game. If they thought he was real good they could have taken Dez Bryant rather than signing a guy to a huge contract that they probably have to cut and who may never play a down for the team and bringing in a 36 year old who has ripped apart former teammates.

Huber was decent. A lot of people think you don't waste that high of a pick on a punter, but I'm not one of them

Trent was ok, but I don't think he's a big part of their plans this year

Scott was good and looks like he could be a big piece of their future. He also fell to the redeemer b/c of his checkered past. We'll see.

Maybe I'm not looking at it as a Bengals fan and I'm looking at it as a NFL fan:

Andre Smith was the number 6 overall pick and didn't make a start. He's so out of shape that he just participated in his first practice. Meanwhile a division rival drafted Oher a lot later in the draft and he started every game at tackle last year. Who would you rather have?

Maualuga fell b/c of "partying" issues along with other things. He got a DUI in January and to his credit he seems to have found God and quit drinking. He looks like he'll be a good pro, but he didn't overwhelm last year.

Johnson switched positions this offseason and looks like he may become a force. He didn't do much last year.

Coffman didn't play a game. If they thought he was real good they could have taken Dez Bryant rather than signing a guy to a huge contract that they probably have to cut and who may never play a down for the team and bringing in a 36 year old who has ripped apart former teammates.

Huber was decent. A lot of people think you don't waste that high of a pick on a punter, but I'm not one of them

Scott was good and looks like he could be a big piece of their future. He also fell to the redeemer b/c of his checkered past. We'll see.

You're also looking at it through a "holier than thou" lense if your attacking some of their picks for off-field stuff. Who cares? As long as they produce on the field, which both Maualuga and Scott did, I don't care what they do off the field.

You're also looking at it through a "holier than thou" lense if your attacking some of their picks for off-field stuff. Who cares? As long as they produce on the field, which both Maualuga and Scott did, I don't care what they do off the field.

That's still only two productive players out of that draft. Three if you count Huber. The Bengals have got lucky w/ some character guys, but lets not forget they've been really unlucky w/ some as well.

That's still only two productive players out of that draft. Three if you count Huber. The Bengals have got lucky w/ some character guys, but lets not forget they've been really unlucky w/ some as well.

One season!!!

What the heck are you expecting? Every single pick to play a crucial role year 1? I mean come on, live in reality.

One season!!!

What the heck are you expecting? Every single pick to play a crucial role year 1? I mean come on, live in reality.

I expect the #6 overall pick to be productive and start in his first year especially at his position.

I expect a 2nd rounder to do about what Maualuga did but hopefully not get a DUI when he had a reputation as a drinker.

I expect a 3rd round pick and prolific pass catching TE not to make the team worry enough about a pass catching TE that they draft a guy who missed an entire season the year before b/c of injury in the 1st round when their need for WR's was so obvious that they signed 3 in the offseason and drafted one in the 3rd round of this year after drafting a ton of them since they let TJ walk and signed one just last year.

I expect the 4th round center to be good enough not to be replaced by a 7th round center the following year.

Andre Smith was a consensus top 10 pick. You act like they took Darius Heyward-Bey or something. He hasn't turned out, but bust happen.