Dunbar 30 GRC 26

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, (with your football program)

If there are internal problems, I doubt seriously if the cause is Coach Columbia. I do not know his other assisstants or any of the players personally, I was only speaking about the integrity and skills of the head coach.

A man's quality as a person does not make him a good coach. Like I said earlier several parents feel like their kids could have helped GRC if they had gotten a chance to play this year, so they are taking their kids to schools were they think they will get that oppertunity. Right or wrong that is their choice, they are looking out for the well being of their children. Although I hate to see these palyers leave the program, their parents need to do what's best for their children.

This was a great game! However , I think GRC DID get the short end on BOTH calls in the last drive. But that's water under the bridge. 8-3 is a real good season, GREAT by GRC standards the last 14 yrs. This is only the 4th GRC team in School history to win more than 7 games. I'm VERY VERY proud of this team and this group of Seniors. Just think how impressive this group of kids could have been if ALL of them had stuck out from 8th grade on. On Coach PC I 'll agree he is a nice man, a good coach and a quality person. I'd love to see alittle more fire from him though. I think PC's biggest problem internally is that he has about 4 asst. coaches that aren't the man he is. 2 in my opinion have no knowledge of football at this level and thathas been apparent in Special teams play for the last few yrs. 2 others are completely out of control at practices and continuously berate , belittle, call names and demoralize these kids. These 2 are absolutely HATED by the players. Until PC makes changes with his staff this season will be a reflection of GRC seasons to come. With the talent returning(I HOPE) GRC again will 7-8-9 games the next few years and make an early out in the playoffs.PC sent one of his best asst. coaches packing a few yrs ago in Jerome Embry and the replacements have been several levels below him since. PC is a really good head coach as far as getting things going , the team in shape, etc. but he neds a top quality offensive and defensive coordinator.

I finally just saw some footage of the catch and he was easily in bounds. I wish people would not try to take a victory from one set of kids because they are upset their team lost. It was easy to see that Mike Sweat made a great catch of a great pass. Good job Dunbar. Good luck against Scott!

I saw the channel 18 replay. Part of right foot was on the white line. Left completely out. Even with one foot in rule he was out of bounds. Sorry.(For GRC).

Mary Jo Perino said it was in bounds. You were watching her footage. I've seen the film about 50 times Mike Sweat's left foot was in bounds then he lifted it in the air he catches the ball with his right foot in bounds then his first foot to go out of bounds was his left foot which was after the catch and his right foot was down in bounds before that. Nothing was out of bounds till after he caught the ball.

Sorry to hear about the game Cards ,Sounds like you played well enough ,just looks like the Dunbar bug got you guys this year. I remember TWO games ,TWO years in a row that were last second questionable calls and/or plays,But, it's over and there are other fish to fry now. Good luck to the Cards next season ,see ya at the Reservation.

I finally just saw some footage of the catch and he was easily in bounds. I wish people would not try to take a victory from one set of kids because they are upset their team lost. It was easy to see that Mike Sweat made a great catch of a great pass. Good job Dunbar. Good luck against Scott!

That was great pass, and a great catch, but he was out, and I saw good footage to, mine was live, I was right there in the end zone when he went up and came down out of bounds, But this game is over Dunbar got away with one .

If GRC developes a QB for next season they could be the hard hoss's to clean after.

GRC, as lost one player, of five players that will be leaving because of playing time, Willaim Odham, will be transfeing to Dunbar because of lack of playing time and problems with the coaching staff of GRC, I hate this because he was a key lineman /FB that had great feet and good speed, one of the best of the best on the GRC, team, Wil, son, I hate to see you go, you would have helped out alot on the line, and as afull back, good luck at Dunbar.

GRC, as lost one player, of five players that will be leaving because of playing time, Willaim Odham, will be transfeing to Dunbar because of lack of playing time and problems with the coaching staff of GRC, I hate this because he was a key lineman /FB that had great feet and good speed, one of the best of the best on the GRC, team, Wil, son, I hate to see you go, you would have helped out alot on the line, and as afull back, good luck at Dunbar.

Won't the player have to sit out a year if he transfers just to play football somewhere else?

Won't the player have to sit out a year if he transfers just to play football somewhere else?

From what I have heard it is not that simple? I have heard his dad is getting a new job in Lexington and as of right now they are building a brand new house in Dunbar's district. If someone goes out of their way to build a brand new house I think it is pretty hard to make a player ineligable.