Dunbar 30 GRC 26

I think that as long as the whole family relocates the player can transfer for whatever reason he wants no questions asked. He may have other reasons for leaving but he is only going tobe the first of several to transfer and the others are definitly leaving because they were not happy with their playing time.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too knew that Odom was leaving. As stated by the golfer, if the whole family relocates AND builds a house, plus a new job , I don't think theres any quetion he's eligible to play next year. Take Odom's leaving, plus the graduation of Hudson, Holloman, Skinner,Perdue, Guinn, and several others , that leaves some pretty big holes for GRC next year. They will have a good core group of players Jr's next year But look at the experience they are losing.There are internal problems at GRC. The higher ups and faculty don't want to admitt it but its true. Personally, I know that if some of these Seniors weren't graduating and had one more year, they would finish at a different school. When will PC wake up and get rid of the coaches causing the problems and finally get a quality staff, top to bottom.

Perdue, and guinn, were top lineman, they could have played linebacker. there speed and quick feet along with great hip flexibility, set them apart from the other lineman, Wil Odom, was the same way. Now I think theres two or three more lineman I saw with big time potential,but one of the biggest keys in getting better at playing Defense on the line, is developing quick feet, and the same approach should be tooken, when playing Offensive line, you got to be able to get over and make that block, being big in the 7th , 8th , and 9th , you got away with just size alone, Now other teams line up with smaller and quicker guys that could care less about your size. So just alittle time here and there on foot speed drills, would help out alot.

That's right 32True. In middle school you can get by with size alone. When they move up to HS the speed factor plays a large part on being successful or being middle of the pack. GRC's Soph's are mostly big and for the most part outof shape. They need to lose a little fat and can do this without losing weight. I know for a fact very few of hem were in the weight room after last season and all summer. They need to dedicate themselves for next year and their Senior year. If not they will be big fat slow linemen getting beat on every play by good teams. I also agree with your asessment of Guinn and Perdue and Odom. The difference between Guinn and Perdue from their 8th grade year to now was phenominal. Both were bigger(fat) and then they transformed themselves into muscle and speed. I think Guinn may have lost a little weight thru this ,Perdue I don't think lost a pound from 8th grade but turned it into muscle and shifted it into the right places. To bad the coaches didn't use them on D along with Odom more. We would still be playing this week I think. Still don't understand why Odom got in the doghouse and lost so much playing time. Oh well, good luck to Will wherever he decides to go play. He'll be a monster next year for somebody.

Mary Jo Perino said it was in bounds. You were watching her footage. I've seen the film about 50 times Mike Sweat's left foot was in bounds then he lifted it in the air he catches the ball with his right foot in bounds then his first foot to go out of bounds was his left foot which was after the catch and his right foot was down in bounds before that. Nothing was out of bounds till after he caught the ball.

he was out .

I talked to William today...he will be moving back to Dunbar. He transfered to GRC from Dunbar around Jan. I believe.. I know he was at GRC for KIRIS testing.

I hate to see him leave. He is a very nice young man and only wish him the best. He is not leaving because of the coaching, but because of his dads job.

He would have been one of the top lineman coming back in 06, Iam not going to get into why hes leaving, But one of the key reason he came here was to play football at GRC. Now there are three reason why he`s leaving, one like you said Gold, his dads job, and the other two reason will be for his family to post if they feel anybody needs to know, My brother told me, he had talked with Wil`s dad after the Dunbar game, he`s said he was ready to move on. Now Wil I get most of my feed back from my brother, and he was a running for GRC, he told me that , you were the real deal, So goodluck big-dog.