J Gumbo's in Florence

letabrotherspeak

Tried out J Gumbo's last night on Mall Rd.

It was pretty good. Got to sample a few of their entree's. the Bumblebee Stew was really good as was their Bourbon Chicken.

I thought their gumbo was so-so, can't hold a candle to the Knotty Pine gumbo.

Was pretty good if you are looking for a quick cajun fix.

There's a couple of them in the L'ville area, and I try to stop in when I'm in those neighborhoods. Nothing elaborate, just quick and pretty good. Although the one in Lyndon near where a buddy of mine lived started keeping odd hours during the summer — it was closed on Saturdays and Sundays (!) — so I've not been in a while.

There's a couple of them in the L'ville area, and I try to stop in when I'm in those neighborhoods. Nothing elaborate, just quick and pretty good. Although the one in Lyndon near where a buddy of mine lived started keeping odd hours during the summer — it was closed on Saturdays and Sundays (!) — so I've not been in a while.
I was fooled once by the one in Lyndon. The hours are ridiculous.

Btw, this is a Louisville chain. My favorite is the one on Frankfort as I believe the food tastes the best and the servings are the best.

There is one downtown Cincinnati on Walnut. I eat there quite often. I really enjoy the Voodoo Chicken Po Boy. Great spice, I enjoy something different. I haven't been to the one in Florence yet but I assume its the same. The owner of the Cincinnati location told me all of the food is prepared by the executive chef and sent to the stores, small regional chain.

I was fooled once by the one in Lyndon. The hours are ridiculous.

Btw, this is a Louisville chain. My favorite is the one on Frankfort as I believe the food tastes the best and the servings are the best.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree about the one on Frankfort Ave.