Fern Creek 21 Ryle 20

cshs81

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryle attempts 32 yard field goal with :03 to go and it gets partially blocked.

Ryle catches ball in air and runs it into the end zone for an apparant TD. However, partially defelected kick was caught past the line of scrimmage....ballgame.

Heard Ryle went away from run game to start second half and Fern Creek picked up some momentum....

Surprise here....

Ryle attempts 32 yard field goal with :03 to go and it gets partially blocked.

Ryle catches ball in air and runs it into the end zone for an apparant TD. However, partially defelected kick was caught past the line of scrimmage....ballgame.

Heard Ryle went away from run game to start second half and Fern Creek picked up some momentum....

Surprise here....

Did you go, LABS? Was it obvious that the deflected kick was caught past the LOS?

Yes, momentarily the referee asked the other officials, and then determined Fern Creek won immediately after a few second discussion.

Is it fair to say there were unhappy fans for the home team? I sat amongst them last week and they don't take too kindly to officials.

Did K.J Black play in this game or did he sit out? Congrats on the win Tigers.

Black played the entire game. He had a few good runs in the first half. Ryle seemed to stop him in the second half (rushing) but he had a great second half passing. 3 passing TDs, two of which were 40+ yard TD passes. On 4th and 9 with 3 minutes to go in the 4th he scrambled forever to eventually pass for a TD to put FC up 21-20.

Is it fair to say there were unhappy fans for the home team? I sat amongst them last week and they don't take too kindly to officials.

There was a ton of laundry on the field. Everytime Ryle seemed to be moving the ball, they would screw it up with a hold or procedure call. Ryle really shot themselves in the foot tonight with penalties.

FC had a lot of penalties too. I think it pretty much evened out. These officials had the game under control. Last week, the officials looked like they had not worked together before. They seemed to be confused all night, changing calls and having discussions. Anytime the officials don't seem to be in control of a game, the fans will be all over them.

What was up with Brady not starting at QB? I know he has had some tough games but to change in the first round of the playoffs seems strange. After all he did lead them to all of their victories and he appeared to be a good leader on the field. I was impressed with him tongiht playing WR and being a real teammate. The kid that played QB throws a nice ball but under the pressure of being at home and in the playoffs, was that the smartest move by the staff?